Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Just 2 pics

Posted by juliany 6 NY (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 8, 12 at 7:40

Still plugging away at dividing and moving plants but had to give up on it over the weekend since we hit another hot/humid spell.Rain came but not that much. Monday brought much cooler and pleasant weather so back to moving a few more. However, weather forecast for today through Friday is hot and humid again with showers possibly everyday.

I took these yesterday when our morning temp was at 59 degrees.

RAMBUNCTIOUS ROSIE - blooming again but still has short scapes. It is new this spring so can't complain about the short scapes. It did poly though.
Photobucket

ROUEN CATHEDRAL - just amazing how many scapes and buds are left to open.
Photobucket

I have to tackle my very large clumps of WEB OF INTRIGUE and BAHAMA BUTTERSCOTCH. I'm procrastinating a bit as I know these are going to be back breakers.

Time to get started.

Julia

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Just 2 pics

I love polymerous daylilies so my favorite is Rambunctious Rosie. It's also named after my dog so it goes on my never ending list. Marg

o

Love the picture of Rambunctious Rosie, naturally, since it will arrive here in the fall. Hoping next spring to get some flowers as good as yours have been. Be careful digging and dividing, don't throw out your back. Those big clumps are difficult to get out. We need to do lots of ours, considering calling up the neighbors who like DLs and seeing if they would like to help--we'll be glad to give plants to them if they are interested. Avedon

o

How pretty they both are, Julia! I especially like Rambunctious Rosie since I too really like polys.
kay

o

Beautiful! I have managed to avoid dividing any daylilies this year although I am sure I really should.

o

Thank you for the comments. RR certainly is rambunctious for a new planting.

I got both - WOI and BB - dug, divided and replanted one clump in the back and one in the front. I had so much extra I stuck the remainder in buckets of water till the heat passes again and then decide what to do with the remainder.
No rain so far but they keep saying we are going to get some. I noticed when I dug the two out, the soil was very dry. I'm sure I'll lose blooms next year but I'd rather do it this year instead of waiting another year.

Julia

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here