Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
More from Nationals.

Posted by dlpsych 6a (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 1, 12 at 8:19

More pics. Sorry if these aren't in any sort of order.
This is the garden of Doug and Stacy Sayer, Angel's Paradise. The form and layout of this garden was really something to see.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Daylilies, Double Minded You can see that we did have just a drizzling of rain the second day, but it didn't interfere at all. They certainly needed rain though.
Photobucket
Subtantial Evidence
Photobucket
Frogs were certainly a favorite in the gardens.
Photobucket
White Chocolate
Photobucket
Lots of places to sit and enjoy the views. This is the garden of Charles and Cynthia Lucius, Anity Abloom, probably my favorite garden on the tour.
Photobucket
Jamie Gossards daylily beds.
Photobucket
Mr. Obvious
Photobucket
The sails again. The theme was Discover Columbus' Passion for Daylilies. You can see the tour buses in the background, we had just two buses at each stop. I felt like a kid on a field trip!! Tons of fun.
Photobucket
The Osman Garden had an area devoted to women hybridizers.
Photobucket
More garden views, I believe this is from Amity Abloom
Photobucket
One last picture. Thanks for looking!! Cindy
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: More from Nationals.

Lovely tour and we enjoyed coming along with you. I really like the garden shots as I love to see peoples gardens and the settings that they grow daylilies in.

o

A real treat! Do you know any of the reds in second-to-last picture (not the redhead in the last picture)? What about the mass yellow in the first Lucius garden picture? Angel's Paradise certainly had the benefit of established trees, something quite welcome this summer.

o

Lovely photos, thanks for the show, Cindy.
kay

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Wed, Aug 1, 12 at 13:30

I almost felt I was with you. Such nice gardens. Enjoyed the ride.....Maryl

o

Thanks all.
Mantis, the yellow daylily is an oldie, Yellow Explosion, Oakes '89. Sorry about the reds, the only one I know for sure is Thin Man, the taller UF by the birdhouses.
Cindy

o

Thank you for posting. Always enjoy seeing the tour gardens.

Julia

o

Thanks for the pictures!

I got 'Mr. Obvious' on auction this year - something about the combination of color and form just grabbed me. Your picture makes me anxious all over again to see it bloom!

o

Gorgeous pictures, Cindy and thank you for giving us all the tour along with you.I just bet you had a blast on the trip with so many daylilies to see.

jean

o

Thanks so much for taking us on the tour--the next best thing to being there.
Val

o

Posted by dlpsych 6a (My Page) on Wed, Aug 1, 12 at 15:02
Thanks all.
Mantis, the yellow daylily is an oldie, Yellow Explosion, Oakes '89. Sorry about the reds, the only one I know for sure is Thin Man, the taller UF by the birdhouses.
Cindy

Ha, I thought I saw a clump of THIN MAN there!

Nate

o

Thanks for taking the time to upload your photos. Nice gardens!

o

Thanks so much for posting your photos. I love the statue of the Buddha Frog. My favorite photo is the one of the massed yellow daylilies and the swing.

Debra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here