Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

Friday blooms - only a couple

Julia WV (6b)
11 years ago

I've been trying to cross a couple of these to see what results I would get and to check fertility. I guess it will be a few more days before I can tell if anything took.

JOSHUA SLOCUM - it has had a bad case of the splotchies this year. Some are good and others really bad. Thrips perhaps? I've not had this happen before so something changed. Scapes are much shorter this year than in past.

I've been crossing it with CITRON ENCHANTER and vice versa to see if anything will take. I assume I should see something in the next couple of days if they did take.

CITRON ENCHANTER - finally some decent blooms. I have two plantings left of this one. It increases nicely, tall scapes but budcount is down since I keep dividing. The front garden planting seems to have larger blooms than the back garden one. I got a double fan from Gaskins back in 2009.

First photo is from the back garden and second is from the front garden.

PAINTING THE ROSE RED - another one that needs to go where it is warmer I think. Doesn't increase that well, scapes are short each year. Time to say good-bye.

and lastly a seedling sent to me by mistake a couple of years ago Parents unknown. I've kept it and I love the blooms which carries a hint of pink at times. This year it will have a new place in the garden.

I also tried some pollen of LAVENDER BLUE BABY on EVIDENCE OF ALIENS. Not my best choice but dips are limited in what is blooming today.

Julia

Comments (10)