Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
edward_kimball_gw

Peak Bloom

Edward_Kimball
12 years ago

I have hit peak bloom and the garden is awesome. There are lots of beautiful daylilies blooming, a few are done and a few haven't started yet. Here are some pictures. i will probably take more as the day goes on.

Cloud Forest

Elusive Happiness - I wish it was not such a rainy season. This one would be loaded with pods if I ever got the chance.

Victorian Lace X Within the Veil seedling #1 - This is my favourite of the cross and most likely to be registered.

Yellow Monkey

Comments (19)

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

All your pics of Yellow Monkey have been impressive.

• celeste/NH
    12 years ago

I love the color on 'Cloud Forest' and 'Elusive Happiness' just keeps getting more beautiful everytime you post it. What a stunning daylily that is! 'Yellow Monkey' is so graceful looking. I like to see what you are growing there because it should grow fine here. I can't wait to see more of your blooms.

Celeste

• houstmag
    12 years ago

Elusive Happiness is my favorite out of a gorgeous group of blooms.
    Linda

• newyorkrita
    12 years ago

Elusive Happiness is just so very pretty.

• Edward_Kimball
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Here are some more.

Cynthia Louise Valente

Guns of Navarone

Thieving Magpie

Tower of Babel

• shive
    12 years ago

My favorite of the bunch is Elusive Happiness. Your photo of Elusive Happiness looks much prettier than the Rice's.

• nat4b
    12 years ago

Beautiful pictures! Elusive Happiness is so pretty, and four in the second post are all great but two are my very favorites, Thieving Magpie and Tower of Babel!

• Nancy
    12 years ago

Lots of pictures, & not a one I don't like. Not surprising, huh?

• Edward_Kimball
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Here are some older ones in clump strength.

Longlesson Showoff

Pandora's Box

Siloam Bo Peep

Wineberry Candy

{{gwi:674661}}

• Edward_Kimball
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Belle Cook

Belle of Ashwood is my most photographed daylily so far this season

A better shot of Elusive Happiness - I am thinking of sending this one in to the Eureka Guide if I can get enough good pictures to go with it.

Fairest of Them X JT Davis - similar but smaller than the Victorian Lace seedlings

• Julia WV (6b)
    12 years ago

Edward: I have to say I would not have thought to even consider ELUSIVE HAPPINESS from the Rice website but after seeing your pic, I may just change my mind.

I too have LONGLESSON SHOWOFF and it really was a blooming machine this year.

Great photos, all of them.

Julia

• blue23rose
    12 years ago

Such beauties! Very hard pressed to pick a favorite, but I love all the pink ones best. Your camerawork is very impressive too:)

Vickie

• Edward_Kimball
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Julia,

I would not have considered Elusive Happiness either. It was a bonus from Mike Grossmann and it has come to be one of my favourite daylilies.

Edward

• jean_ar
    12 years ago

Gosh,EDWARD,They are all so beautiful.Love TOWER OF BABEL.and the seedlings are gorgeous.The Clump shots are all breath taking.I thought that red clump shot was gorgeous, then scroll and see PANDORA'S BOX, and I couldnt believe my eyes,its so beautiful. I have Pandora's box too, divided out and in 3 pots.Mine does better in pots where I use a good potting soil.My soil is just not good,and I have added lots of different things to the soil nearly every year, until recently,and am not able to do it much any more.

Jean

• Nancy
    12 years ago

I'm so glad I checked back on this thread, those are some amazing clumps. What a great clump of Pandora's Box! Elusive Happiness is a beauty.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    12 years ago

Boy, are your pictures of Elusive Happiness better then what is on Tinkers. You could really sell that daylily with your pictures. Pandora's Box is another great one as is Longlesson Showoff. Good job......Maryl

• shive
    12 years ago

I love your clumps! Belle of Ashwood and Belle Cook look so much alike. Which one is performing better this season?

Debra

• mantis__oh
    12 years ago

Your Belle Cook is darker than mine. Probably a result of different weather conditions. And I have seen posts of yours in which Belle Cook was lighter. I know you like the taller scape and rebloom on Belle of Ashwood. Well, I will compare them next year. I agree that the scape is too short on Belle Cook.

• avedon_gw
    12 years ago

All of these are just beautiful, but I especially like Elusive Happiness.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor