Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Peak Bloom

Posted by edward_kimball Zone 5b (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 4, 11 at 9:07

I have hit peak bloom and the garden is awesome. There are lots of beautiful daylilies blooming, a few are done and a few haven't started yet. Here are some pictures. i will probably take more as the day goes on.

Cloud Forest

Photobucket

Elusive Happiness - I wish it was not such a rainy season. This one would be loaded with pods if I ever got the chance.

Photobucket

Victorian Lace X Within the Veil seedling #1 - This is my favourite of the cross and most likely to be registered.

Photobucket

Yellow Monkey

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Peak Bloom

All your pics of Yellow Monkey have been impressive.

o

I love the color on 'Cloud Forest' and 'Elusive Happiness' just keeps getting more beautiful everytime you post it. What a stunning daylily that is! 'Yellow Monkey' is so graceful looking. I like to see what you are growing there because it should grow fine here. I can't wait to see more of your blooms.

Celeste

o

Elusive Happiness is my favorite out of a gorgeous group of blooms.
Linda

o

Elusive Happiness is just so very pretty.

o

Here are some more.

Cynthia Louise Valente

Cynthia Louise Valente

Guns of Navarone

Guns of Navarone

Thieving Magpie

Thieving Magpie

Tower of Babel

Tower of Babel

o

My favorite of the bunch is Elusive Happiness. Your photo of Elusive Happiness looks much prettier than the Rice's.

o

Beautiful pictures! Elusive Happiness is so pretty, and four in the second post are all great but two are my very favorites, Thieving Magpie and Tower of Babel!

o

Lots of pictures, & not a one I don't like. Not surprising, huh?

o
and some clumps

Here are some older ones in clump strength.

Longlesson Showoff

Photobucket

Pandora's Box

Photobucket

Siloam Bo Peep

Photobucket

Wineberry Candy

Photobucket

o
And some pink

Belle Cook

Photobucket

Belle of Ashwood is my most photographed daylily so far this season

Photobucket

A better shot of Elusive Happiness - I am thinking of sending this one in to the Eureka Guide if I can get enough good pictures to go with it.

Photobucket

Fairest of Them X JT Davis - similar but smaller than the Victorian Lace seedlings

Photobucket

o

Edward: I have to say I would not have thought to even consider ELUSIVE HAPPINESS from the Rice website but after seeing your pic, I may just change my mind.

I too have LONGLESSON SHOWOFF and it really was a blooming machine this year.

Great photos, all of them.

Julia

o

Such beauties! Very hard pressed to pick a favorite, but I love all the pink ones best. Your camerawork is very impressive too:)

Vickie

o

Julia,

I would not have considered Elusive Happiness either. It was a bonus from Mike Grossmann and it has come to be one of my favourite daylilies.

Edward

o

Gosh,EDWARD,They are all so beautiful.Love TOWER OF BABEL.and the seedlings are gorgeous.The Clump shots are all breath taking.I thought that red clump shot was gorgeous, then scroll and see PANDORA'S BOX, and I couldnt believe my eyes,its so beautiful. I have Pandora's box too, divided out and in 3 pots.Mine does better in pots where I use a good potting soil.My soil is just not good,and I have added lots of different things to the soil nearly every year, until recently,and am not able to do it much any more.

Jean

o

I'm so glad I checked back on this thread, those are some amazing clumps. What a great clump of Pandora's Box! Elusive Happiness is a beauty.

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 5, 11 at 15:56

Boy, are your pictures of Elusive Happiness better then what is on Tinkers. You could really sell that daylily with your pictures. Pandora's Box is another great one as is Longlesson Showoff. Good job......Maryl

o

I love your clumps! Belle of Ashwood and Belle Cook look so much alike. Which one is performing better this season?

Debra

o

Your Belle Cook is darker than mine. Probably a result of different weather conditions. And I have seen posts of yours in which Belle Cook was lighter. I know you like the taller scape and rebloom on Belle of Ashwood. Well, I will compare them next year. I agree that the scape is too short on Belle Cook.

o

All of these are just beautiful, but I especially like Elusive Happiness.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here