Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
August blooms

Posted by waitforspring z6MA (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 11, 12 at 9:38

Company is gone, but I can't get out to take pictures today. It's raining!!
Here are just a few I managed to take last week. All of those were new last year so I don't know how they'll perform in a "normal" year.
Val
This one is reblooming.

Rebloom

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: August blooms

Didn't you just have some bad storms come through--hope no damage done. I like all of these, particularly Jellyfish Jealousy. I love M. Reed's hybrids, but I think they are mostly hard dormants which wouldn't do well here. Avedon

o

Very pretty blooms.

o

Avedon, we didn't have anything but some very heavy rain last night. Only came down hard for a short time, but I did have a section of the newly done area of the yard underwater which is a concern. Just getting light rain today.
Margo Reed's things do very well here--some almost too well--increasing like bunnies. I know she has some that are registered as semi-evergreen. This one is dormant though.
Val

o

All the pics are nice. Is DANCING RAINBOW very pink?
I have JELLYFISH JEALOUSY too. Just got it this year and it did bloom for a couple of weeks before I clipped off the scapes. Mine varied from a very light lemony yellow to almost whitish. I have several of Margo's and Jim's here for a couple of years and yes, they do multiply like rabbits. I'm hoping all the new ones I got this spring will increase just as quickly.

Julia

o

I really like jellyfish Jealousy!

o

Julia, I'd say DANCING RAINBOW is a slightly lavender pink.
Nancy, JELLYFISH JEALOUSY is one that I'd wanted for a while so,I was happy to finally get it.
Val

o

Very pretty, all of them. It is nice to have late blooms.
kay

o

wow, you really have some pretty ones blooming.My favorite is DANCING RAINBOW

jean

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here