Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Misty Wednesday Morning

Posted by edward_kimball Zone 5b (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 10, 11 at 9:47

It has been a cold damp summer. I don't expect a lot of sympathy from the folks broiling in the midwest but if you can't complain about the weather what can you complain about. Anyway today's beauties include a couple of FFOs.

Belle Cook

Photobucket

Deliverer

Photobucket

Elegance of Summer

Photobucket

Elusive Happiness

Photobucket

Heavenly Angel Ice is sulking from being divided last fall. The scapes are short so I won't be able to get many pictures this year. Last year is was my most photographed daylily.

Photobucket

North Wind Dancer

Photobucket

Shirley's Shangri-La FFO

Photobucket

Shores of Time

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Misty Wednesday Morning

What a lovely color & shape of Belle Cook. I must be in a pink mode today, all your pinks are really appealing to me.

o

Those first three are all my favorites. Beautiful blooms.

o

I think the colors on all of them is outstanding, especially Belle Cook in this picture. I have always had a thing for Heavenly Angel Ice, and I'm sorry it's "behaving badly". It always seem to make such a magnificent photo. Maybe next year, it will be much happier and come on strong. Avedon

o

You certainly have some pretty ones today.LOve that BELLE COOK today and DELIVEREER. too.ELUSIVE HAPPINESS is my favorite.SHIRLEY'S SHANG RI is a very pretty one, too. I wish we could just have a couple days of cooler and rainy weather.

Jean

o

Here are a few more pinks. It was a shame it was too damp to hybridize because all my favourite parents were blooming. The high temperature was 60 degrees F.

Belle of Ashwood

Photobucket

Gentleman's Lady

Photobucket

Spacecoast Southern Belle

Photobucket

o

Sixty degrees was our low last, and that was great compared with the seventies we've been having. But look how those overcast skies allowed those colors to radiate! Wonderful pictures.

o

As usual you have beautiful photographs of beautiful blooms, Edward, but Belle Cook and Deliverer are the ones that I like the best. they are really pretty.
kay

o

Beautiful pictures! And beautiful flowers. My favorite are Belle Cook and Elegance of Summer.

o

Goody, three more beauties!! That mist must enchance the colors, because all three are lovely. Avedon

o

More wonderful pinks! I'm thinking I need more pinks now, see what you've done :)

o

I agree with everyone you're pinks are my favorites also.
Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here