Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Catch Up - New Additions II

Posted by hostabuff Zone 6a MA (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 9:52

Here's a few more new additions blooming for the first time in my garden. New additions blooming for the first time in year two is like opening a wrapped gift ...

Mean Green (was on the wait list and was pleasantly surprised to receive it this year)
Mean Green photo MeanGreen.jpg

Heavenly Angel Ice - finally bloomed when I moved it, almost lost it because it was in too much shade
Heavenly Angel ce photo HeavenlyAngelIce-1.jpg

Greywoods Sunny Smiles
Greywoods Sunny Smil photo GreywoodsSunnySmiles.jpg

Greywoods Fashionista
Greywoods Fashionista photo GreywoodsFashionista-3.jpg

Greywoods Road to Mecca
Greywods Road to Mecca photo GreywoodsRoadtoMessa.jpg

Catcher in the Eye (gift plant)
Catcher in the Eye photo CatcherintheEye.jpg

My Garden Shed - after four years of plastic hanging in the windows, it took a wedding in my yard this year to get me to install the windows. It looks so cute now.
Bird Huse photo ShedsNewWindows.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Catch Up - New Additions II

I want to live in your garden shed. We turned our garden shed into a temporary guest house to bunk a few people over a holiday weekend. Other than being bombarded by bugs, it was a decent accommodation.

Your additions look great. It looks like the Greywoods group really likes your location.

o

Chris - you are too funny, however I get it. My dream shed would have a sitting area inside where I could entertain - however I only had room (and $$) for an 8 X 8 shed.

Greywoods intros grow well in my garden because Greywoods Farm is only about 20 minutes away from my home. A nice place to visit if you ever come to Northeast Massachusetts.

This post was edited by hostabuff on Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 11:07

o

All great new additions. Love Mean Green! What a nice color. Would love to add it too. Garden shot with the shed is very pretty.

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 9, 14 at 17:48

Beautiful mixture of forms in your garden. They say to see if you have "good bones" in your landscaping take a black and white picture of the garden. Yours would most certainly pass the test. On your daylilies I like the color of Mean Green. My favorite though is your picture of Road to Mecca. ......Maryl

o

well,I have to say MEAN GREEN is very pretty, like the color a lot.That one and CATCHER IN THE EYE are my favorite here. Nice looking shed.

jean

o

Which of the Greywoods intros do you like the most? Is the base color of Road to Mecca as starkly white as your pic?

o

All of the Greywoods intros look great! Your garden shed is charming!

o

Mantis - Road to Mecca is a little more cream in person (still on the white side). My favorite Greywood that I own is Greywoods Cowgirl Cassanova. The one I love that I do not own is Greywoods Lips a Quiver

o

Your shed is so pretty. I like the siding on it. My shed is 10X12, and I guess I could put an area in it, but it isn't even electrified. As for your flowers, I love Mean Green and Heavenly Angel Ice the best, but all are lovely.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here