Photobucket

Flying Trapeze

Photobucket

Solar Music

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Still Quite a Few Bloomng on August 15th

Edward, so glad to see all your daylilies, but the photo of Flying Trapeze is marvelous--what a beauty!! I see that Judy Davisson is offering Frostbite Falls on the Lily Auction, and I happened to come across an old post of yours that said you hoped to acquire it. Did that ever happen? I love white daylilies, but I'm afraid F. Falls would be a hard dormant coming from D. Church in Maine. I will have to look around for a good one that is suited to my zone. Avedon

o

I never got around to getting Frostbite Falls. if it had more of a round shape I probably would have. Instead I picked up Arctic Bear by John Benz. It hasn't bloomed yet so no pictures. Maybe next year.

o

Flying Trapeze caught my eye first as well..

Avedon, I dont think it would matter where you would purchase it from.. ALL my daylilies act as dormants here.. but I can tell the true dormants, becuase they wake up much easier in spring, with much less spring sickness. But if you moved my semi and evergrees down south, they would act according to thier nature where you plant them. There is a world of diffrence even in evergreens here, I have several dozen, some are barely effected, with enough vigor to overcome thier slower spring starts, others are dogs, who will never be more then a couple fans.

Silverkelt

o

How big is Big Wayne? Would like to see that one in a clump. I think you told us whom it is named for, but I forget. Flying Trapeze and Deliverer almost look related today in terms of their coloration.

o

Big Wayne will be named after Wayne Storrie from Canning Daylilies. Little Wayne is Wayne Ward. Wayne Storrie passed away in June of 2011. He was a great friend in daylilies and out of them. Unfortunately I have never let the daylily Big Wayne clump up very much before dividing it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here