Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
avedon_gw

Update On Deep Well, and DL and Garden Pics

avedon_gw
11 years ago

The deep well people finally started on the well last Tuesday, but they didn't hit water until Wednesday afternoon. We were almost afraid it was going to be a "dry hole", but finally at 480 feet the water came in and we had the well extended to 500 feet to make sure we have lots of good water. It will probably be another week before this is wrapped up, since there is a lot to do to finish everything and get the water into the house.

Here are some photos from the past few days, have only rebloom right now, but just having flowers at all is great, considering we are closing in on that 100 temp mark.

So Lovely--Thought this would be the last one, but guess what I found this morning? A new scape coming up on one of the So Lovely plants.

Jellyroll Truffle--a beautiful double yesterday, finally got to see one. I am amazed it is doing this so late, but it has another scape on it now.

Bodacious Returns with a triple bloom.

Starstruck proliferation putting out this big bloom.

Beautiful Edgings twins--today I did a bud count on B. Edgings and it's up to 42 now. This is incredible to me!

Jean's Joyful Noise, still putting out pretty blooms, and there is a new scape on this one, too.

Miss Victoria clump going to it.

Miss Victoria putting out poly blooms. I never noticed how many polys it does, until Polymerous called my attention to it.

Switching to Garden shots--Napoleon rose bush threatening to take over one end of the Swimming Pool Garden. This bush is huge. Kay, take note, I think you are interested in acquiring this one.

More roses--the Caldwell Pink row of roses doing really well.

Belinda's Dream starting to rebloom with really pretty buds.

{{gwi:920563}}

I'll close out with a pic of another little visitor--these small green frogs seem to love to hang out on the daylilies. Avedon

Comments (8)

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

The flowers are lovely. That is great news that you have a nice deep source of water now. What a dufference that will make as you will not have to worry about running out of water.

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

So glad you hit water finally and now will have plenty water,I hope.This drought is just terrible every where.Your daylilies are so pretty.SO LOVELY is a very pretty one, and I love BEAUTIFUL EDGINGS, mine has bloomed and bloomed but almost to the end now.Miss VICTORIA is a beauty, too. and the roses are beautiful. I love BELINDA'S DREAM. and your other roses are gorgeous, too. I have 3 Belinda's Dream.

jean

• Nancy
    11 years ago

What a lovely rose! So Lovely is on its last bloom here today, I'm not sure it ever reblooms here. Beautiful Edgings is doing really well for you this year. It wasn't that great here, but I think it was resting. It really did great the last couple of years.

• polymerous
    11 years ago

Congrats on your new well. Are you going to have a solar powered gadget to run it (as backup in case the power grid goes down)?

42 buds on BEAUTIFUL EDGINGS is awesome. I have a large clump of it, but even when it was smaller (and probably got a lot more water), I never had anywhere near that bud count.

• silverkelt
    11 years ago

Grats on the new well.. flowers are a joyous plus to life, but water is a must, I know a few poeple who have run out around here, with thier old dug wells.

Love the double daylily, its not something Ive gotten into as of yet.. I have just 1 or 2 and I havent passed thier genes around much yet.

Silverkelt

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

So glad you hit water. Must be a huge relief. Your daylilies are looking good in spite of the weather. I love Beautiful Edgings and I'd love it even more if mine ever had 42 buds. That's amazing.
    Val

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Nice pictures and you still have many blooms. Mine are really dwindling down and I have to now seek out any scapes coming up. LOL.

You must have be so happy when they hit water. Drilling and not getting anything is so costly.

Julia

• avedon_gw
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thanks to all for replying. I just wanted to say a few things about the new well. Right now it is supposed to run all night--can you believe it? My husband and I are appalled seeing all that water run out on the ground. He is trying to move the water hose around a little bit to put it on some of our plants but it is very stiff and difficult to handle. The well people say be careful, don't get a kink in the hose, but we think it would take Hercules to bend that hose. DH must also put water in a jug periodically so it can be tested. I know he will do one tonight, don't know how many times it must be done tomorrow. We weren't happy that we had to go so deep to strike water, but we look upon this as an investment if we ever have to sell the house, it should increase the value. Our plan is to die here so we never have to worry about it--just hope it works out this way about 20-30 years from now. We do not have any backup batteries in case the power goes out. The solar sounds like a good idea, but can't afford to put any more money into this right now, will look into it in the future.

Silverkelt, Jellyroll Truffle is a pretty flower when it doubles, but I think there are others out there better than this. I think our best double here is Dublin Elaine and it is putting up a new scape right now. (I'm including a picture I took last year). A little research should help you out with the best ones for your area if and when you decide to start adding doubles. Avedon

{{gwi:664367}}

Dublin Elaine

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting