Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Watch out!!!!! and other things..

Posted by silverkelt Z5b/Southern Maine (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 10, 12 at 11:13

Imagine you were a flying insect ready to chomp on a flower for lunch.. a whole bunch of hurt is coming your way..

Crab Spider (like all predators, they eat both friendly and unfriendly bugs... ) sitting on some casa blanca lilies..

Photobucket

One of the leslee renee x ss kids. this one is very blush with almost no edgeing.

Photobucket

another of the KWOXBirdTalk kids.

Photobucket

Im always get a kick out of daylily genetics, in this case causin crosses with PC in its background..

Photobucket

Thunderous showers yesterday, but the ol' chang dynasty x ccc always opens wells, I have like 10 pods on this already.

Photobucket

I was down to twenty blooms this morning on daylilies, with only a few dozen buds left at most. every few years our season extend late allowing for some rebloom, but even if instant rebloom works in the north, I like to see vigor the best, increased clump size with many scapes, when I see those out of my seedlings they are marked for keepers to breed that trait line in to my stuff.

Silverkelt

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Watch out!!!!! and other things..

Mother Nature at work with the crab spider, and we all know nature can be cruel. Love all your seedlings. Avedon

o

Lovely daylilies. I am not a fan of spiders. I just HATE them. I do mostly leave the ones in the garden alone but really I have to keep reminding myself not to get the can of Raid!

o

yuck, I hate spiders of any kind, but you have some very pretty blooms today,I really like that second one.

jean

o

The ones with PC (Purple Cheetah?) in the background are really looking good!

Debra

o

That spider is pretty scary looking! Great shot. I love the soft pink and white edge of the first seedling. ss?
Val

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here