Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Todays Rebloom Duets

Posted by shive 6b TN (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 23, 14 at 11:17

My own seedling, garden named Valentine Sweetheart, began reblooming today. It's out of Shores of Time and Rosy Rhino and has three reblooms scapes in all.

RED EDITION duo

Also in bloom today were JAY FARQUHAR, FINAL TOUCH, and HAPPY RETURNS.

Debra

This post was edited by shive on Sat, Aug 23, 14 at 20:47

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Todays Rebloom Duets

Your seedling is gorgeous! Lucky you with a rebloom.

Sherry

o

What a nice seedling, are you going to register that one? It is so pretty. Red Edition is looking really good too.

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 23, 14 at 15:26

OMgosh. What a great picture of your seedling. Look at that edge and the deep pink color. What will you classify it as? A late bloomer or other?....Red Edition ain't too shabby either. Is the edge actually white in person or more yellow?.......Maryl

o

Nancy - I am still evaluating the seedling. So far, it doesn't have enough buds to register (8 on the original bloom and the rebloom). I'll see what it can do when I move it to full sun. It's growing in part shade now.

Maryl - The seedling is a midseason rebloomer. Last year it rebloomed in August and September too. Red Edition does have a real white edge with some gold in high temps.

Debra

o

Both of those are extremely pretty. The 3 rebloom scapes on your seedling is a real sweet treat. Lots of pretty blooms ahead to extend the season.

Linda

o

Both are really pretty, Debra
Brad

o

Both are beautiful, and three rebloom scapes sounds great!
My Final Touch has quite a few buds left, but all the others are on their last.

o

Red Edition seems not to have the splotchies like some other Floyd Cove intros. Perhaps you can cross your seedling with something that has higher bud count.

o

They are beautiful, Debra. Lucky you with reblooms and so pretty, too.i still have only 2 blooming, Beautiful edging and Last Reward, but, Buttered popcorn has a rebloom scape with a few buds coming along.

jean

o

Mantis - Red Edition is certainly much better than Born To Run in the splotch department. I have crossed the seedling to both reds and pinks and already have some of its babies growing in cups and small pots.

Debra

o

Jean - Any blooms this time of year are precious. Enjoy your rebloomers!

Debra

o

• Posted by ruthz 8 dfw texas (My Page) on
    Mon, Aug 25, 14 at 16:25

Both are just beautiful I'm starting to like reds more and more.

o

Valentine Sweetheart and Red Edition are both gorgeous, Debra. You have some really nice seedlings.
kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here