Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

Playing catch-up on a lazy Saturday, PART 1

celeste/NH
11 years ago

We got a load of rain and wind yesterday so the garden is all soggy. I guess I won't be doing much outside today which will give me a chance to post some photos. I am WAY, way behind in posting! The Lates are blooming or are sending up scapes and I haven't even shown you many of the Mids. I will be playing catch-up for months. These are all from last month.

Celeste

GRACES OF GANYMEDE

ONE LAST DANCE

SPACECOAST DREAMCATCHER

SIR MODRED

OLD TIME MEMORIES

WEBSTER'S PINK WONDER

CUPID'S CUPCAKE

ARNOLD'S DAUGHTER

BONNIE CORLEY

TUSCAN SUNRISE

EYES OF FURY

ZEUS, enjoying a catnap on a cloudy day....

Comments (13)

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

You have so many great ones here that it's hard to pick favorites, but I think I'll have to go with GRACES OF GANYMEDE although I might change my mind in five minutes since they are all so pretty.
    Val

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Zeus looks like he is really enjoying his nap. I love the way he has his paws all curled up and he even looks like he is smiling.

Yes, soggy days are no good for gardenwork. But a day off from gardening is good! GRACES OF GANYMEDE sure is a bright one and will be my favorite here. Lots of pretty blooms you had!

• dementieva
    11 years ago

I really like the eye on BONNIE CORLEY.

Nate

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Beautiful flowers all of them. Zeuss sure looks comfy. I've been really behind in my posting on the forum shame on me. It's been a hard weekend for me as I had to put Little Boy to sleep today he had a medical condition called mega colon and after fighting it for eight months the medication stopped working and the only medical options was surgery to remove his colon which would have left him with very little control of his bowels, I just couldn't put him through all of the pain and possible complications. His passing leaves a big empty hole in my heart. He was such a sweet loving little guy who came into my life as a stray I like to think that it was God's way of taking care of such a sweet little soul because he would have died a very slow painful death without treatment, instead he finished out his life being well loved and taken care. So sorry to ramble on so much.
    Linda

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Linda,
    Oh my goodness, what a terrible day for you. I am so, so sorry for your heartbreaking loss. I am shocked and sad to hear Little Boy is gone. I have so enjoyed seeing his pictures and the fun we had comparing our two feline 'brothers'...Little Boy and Fat Cat Nemo. It feels like I knew him somehow. As difficult a decision as you had to make, you did the right thing. He is at peace now and there will be no more suffering. What a wonderful life you gave him. We have lost a few of our feline children on this forum lately. Jean lost Ms. Blackie,
    then Cindy just lost Whiskey....and now you losing Little Boy. I send you my deepest sympathy because I know how it feels to lose a beloved pet and how it hurts for a long time. I'll be thinking of you. RIP Little Boy. You were a treasure.

Celeste

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Thank you Celeste and you're right he was a treasure.
    Linda

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Very nice Celeste.

Julia

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Lots of beauties, Celeste. Of course Zeus is my pick. But I especially like One Last Dance and Old Time Memories.
    kay

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

well,I can not pick a favorite bloom but, can pick the kittty as a favorite, ZEUS is so cute laying there napping. he has the prettiest coat of fur on him, just like a fur coat. hes gorgeous.I am so glad you posted another picture of him, its been a while since we got to see him.

jean

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

So many beauties, enjoy looking at them all. That's a really nice clump shot of Cupid's Cupcake--I guess my favorite would be Graces Of Ganymede. The all time favorite is Zeus, such a lovely boy and that's a wonderful picture of him. He is definitely a contented cat, sleeping so peacefully, and I think he is smiling! Avedon

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

So many lovelies so late in the season! I'm trying to not look at them too longingly - I just absolutely have no more room for 1 daylily!

Nancy

• shive
    11 years ago

Lots of gorgeous blooms. I think my favorites are Sir Modred and Webster's Pink Wonder. Zeus is such a cute sleeper!

Debra

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

People's cats always place number one with me and Zeus is no exception. He obviously is being treated well because his coat looks like velveteen and he's sleeping so contentedly. You are a good momma-lol....As for daylilies, my top three are One Last Dance, Tuscan Sunrise and Old Time Memories although because the others were so pretty it was hard to choose just the top 3. Looking forward to more of your pictures....Maryl

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County