Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
marricgardens

Some fall bloomers

marricgardens
10 years ago

These were still flowering. I was pleased to see CW doing such a good job of blooming. Elizabeth Frances Woodhall is just starting and Shores of Time is still going strong. All were planted last fall and I'm pleased with their performance so far. Nile Plum is in its second year and polyed for me this year. Marg

{{gwi:922683}}

Catherine Woodbury
{{gwi:922685}}

Shores of Time
{{gwi:922687}}

Elizabeth Frances Woodhall
{{gwi:922689}}

Garden visitor. I don't usually like spiders but thought this one was very cute. I checked daily for a while and it was always in the same spot.

Orchid Corsage is still putting on a show.
{{gwi:922692}}

Comments (9)

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

Very pretty blooms, Cant say the same for the spider, as I hate them things,

jean

• shive
    10 years ago

I love those orb spiders! They weave such beautiful webs! The poly on Nile Plum is very nice, and your Orchid Corsage is darker in color than mine blooms..

Debra

• TNY78
    10 years ago

Very pretty blooms! I love Writing Spiders! The fact that they're relatively harmless is why I always let them be. There's one living in each of my two greenhouses right now and they've been there for about a month.

Tammy

• marricgardens
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I've had a few of these around the last few years. The babies are sooo cute, down to the yellow stitching pattern on the back! I don't really like spiders but as long as they eat the bugs in my garden, I'll leave them alone. A few weeks ago I had a yellow T-shirt on and the next thing I knew a yellow crab spider was on my sleeve, camouflaging itself I guess. I walked over to a daylily and tipped it onto the flower.

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Shores of Time is such a pretty pink. Nice picture you've taken of it.....We had one of those spiders here too. Having lunch on a very unwanted fall creature. I didn't realize they would eat things this big. Good for them:...Maryl
    {{gwi:320503}}
    P.S. It's a Grasshopper that's on the menu if you can't tell.

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Nice poly, and like the color of your Shores of Time.
    Brrr, spiders, so afraid of them. But, Maryl, what a scene, wow! I'm glad this one is relatively harmless, plus got that grasshopper.

• TNY78
    10 years ago

Here's one of mine as of this afternoon. It looks like she just shed her shell again...must be eating pretty well in that greenhouse!

Tammy

{{gwi:922695}}

• marricgardens
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I was out walking in the garden yesterday and noticed that the spider was still in the same spot, the web is right above a daylily. I stopped and watched and all of a sudden it just dropped down into the daylily and then scurried back up to the spot where it was sitting. It ate whatever it caught and then turned around, resuming the watching position and stayed there. It was awesome to watch.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

It is nice to have daylilies still blooming. I like it when one of those spiders spins a web in my garden. Grasshoppers are a least favorite, and the spider will eat a lot of problem insects, from grasshoppers to aphids. It's a pretty good thing to have in the garden, and colorful too.
    kay