Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
OT follow up on Feral Littens

Posted by organic_kitten 8 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 10, 14 at 12:22

Bella continues to be more and more tame. She is usually waiting for me when I come outside and follows me all over the garden. She climbs in my lap when I feed, but not as often as Gus otherwise, but she rubs against my legs, and will follow me into the house. She has begun to try to initiate play with the chihuahuas when I take them out. Yesterday, I had to feed the cats on the front porch due to rain, and after putting their food down, I went to water the plants in the greenhouse. In just a minute, Bella came running back to me. I returned to the porch and discovered the big ginger tom cat eating her food. I scared him off and Bella resumed eating. It seemed as if Bella had run to find me when he scared her away from the food. Very funny for a once very feral little cat.

The gold cat, Goldie, is not at all afraid of my being near now. She knows when I feed and usually shows up. She eats then comes within a couple of feet of where I am sitting to groom herself and then nap. Of course, Bella comes to initiate play at that time, grabbing feet or hand even if I am sitting quietly.

Isn't it amazing how taming some boiled chicken can be.
kay

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: OT follow up on Feral Littens

Evidently your gourmet spread changed their mindset about humans. Nice job, Kay! Keep us posted.

o

I enjoy hearing about the progress you're making with those feral cats. Love, patience, and some boiled chicken......all the right ingredients for winning them over.:-)

Linda

o

Glad to hear Goldie is coming around. Maybe I should have tried the boiled chicken on mine. Two of them are still scaredy cats about touched. Sometimes Sammie forgets her fear, but Columbus never trusted me again after her spaying and recuperation time in the basement.

Debra

o

I love that they are trusting you more and more and I enjoy getting updates on them. Thanks for keeping us up on their progress! It makes me smile knowing they have found a safe, loving place to call home.

Celeste

o

I enjoy reading about your progress with your new kitties! Nice story about Bella and tom cat :)

o

Thank you for your comments. Bella loves to play. She will miss the "brown sticks" from the daylilies. If nothing else, she steals a glove, or if I slip it off a shoe and goes into mock fights. She also like to roll over and invite me to scratch her belly so she can grab my hand. Goldie remains more skittish, but took food from my hand. She likes to come up within a couple of feet of me and nap after eating. Gus just crawls in my lap. Debra, I worry about the trust issue when they are spaded, neutered. but it must be done. I am concentrating on building as much as possible now.

kay

o

We have 3 ferals that we had fixed. The one was tame when she had it done. She's still a lovey. The other two just come for meals.

o

Glad to hear that they are all doing well... you sure have made great strides with them!

o

I always look forward to your updates on the kittens, I'm so glad they are doing so well. Goldie must trust you quite a bit that she wants to nap near you like that. Sounds like you have Bella completely won over, don't you love when they roll over for a belly rub?

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Tue, Aug 12, 14 at 3:23

In a world full of horrifying news it's so refreshing to hear about your kindness and care to the new additions. All creatures Great and Small as it says........Marly

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here