Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

OT follow up on Feral Littens

organic_kitten
9 years ago

Bella continues to be more and more tame. She is usually waiting for me when I come outside and follows me all over the garden. She climbs in my lap when I feed, but not as often as Gus otherwise, but she rubs against my legs, and will follow me into the house. She has begun to try to initiate play with the chihuahuas when I take them out. Yesterday, I had to feed the cats on the front porch due to rain, and after putting their food down, I went to water the plants in the greenhouse. In just a minute, Bella came running back to me. I returned to the porch and discovered the big ginger tom cat eating her food. I scared him off and Bella resumed eating. It seemed as if Bella had run to find me when he scared her away from the food. Very funny for a once very feral little cat.

The gold cat, Goldie, is not at all afraid of my being near now. She knows when I feed and usually shows up. She eats then comes within a couple of feet of where I am sitting to groom herself and then nap. Of course, Bella comes to initiate play at that time, grabbing feet or hand even if I am sitting quietly.

Isn't it amazing how taming some boiled chicken can be.
kay

Comments (10)