Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
juliany_gw

This past week of repeats

Julia WV (6b)
10 years ago

These were blooming this past week here. Still blooming too.

MAUI SUNRISE - stellar performer this year.

CAPE ROMAIN HARBOR

UP MILL CREEK

CAPACITY OF WONDER

ROUEN CATHEDRAL

INCA PUZZLE

SCIENCE OF MIND

TRULY ANGELIC

LONG LEGGED LAP DANCER

JOSHUA SLOCUM

STEALTH BOMBER

INTELLIGENT DESIGN

EARTH AND ALL STARS

HOT TAMLES AND RED HOTS

CROWN OF CREATION

KENTUCKY LUCKY

CORAL MAJORITY

UNKNOWN SEEDLING - still pumping out the blooms. All perfect and it is pod fertile since I've dabbed it with Citron Enchanter and then used Isle of Patmos on the other blooms.

I'll end it here. My hand is beginning to ache so time to rest a bit and read some posts.

Julia

Comments (8)

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

You have a lot of praise worth blooms here, repeat or not. Joshua Slocum is such a gorgeous color. Your seedling is really performing. Hot Tamales and Red Hots and Maui Sunrise are my kind of hot colors. Truly Angelic is a delicate lovely bloom, and so is Earth and All Stars. Long Legged Lap Dancer amuses me by the name, and I love the color. such a nice group of blooms you have posted.
    kay

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Maui Sunrise really grabs me with that color combination. Kentucky Lucky is beautiful, and I'm really impressed with your seedling and Rouen Cathedral -- look at all those buds!

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Your seedling is a beautiful color with piecrust edge. Kentucky Lucky is a bright late; is yours blooming in the foliage this year too? So many other nice ones, especially Maui Sunrise.

• User
    10 years ago

They are all quite lovely. I especially like Joshua Slocum for such a great shade of purple. Kentucky Lucky is very nice and the seedling has such great texture and form. It is a beautiful shade of cream.

• Julia WV (6b)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

mantis: I just finished walking the garden and the scapes for KENTUCKY LUCKY are above the foliage here. It is shorter in stature than those around it . Overall I'm pleased with it.

ROUEN CATHEDRAL opens perfectly here even with our low 50's morning temps.

CORAL MAJORITY is still loaded with buds and HOT TAMALES AND RED HOTS is sending up a rebloom scape.

JOSHUA SLOCUM needs to be moved. It has outgrown its spot and being edged out by CAPACITY FOR WONDER and PINK WHIP TIPS. I was thinking to move it into LAURA HARWOOD spot to give it more space. Gotta think on that a bit.

The Unknown seedling is not my creation but given to me by mistake from a hybridizer. It has tones of pinkish to orange in the bloom color but the substance and edging are just wonderful. I was looking at possible future mates here to get taller scapes but not top heavy in buds. It is pod fertile. Right now they range from 24 to 28. I'd like to get into the 32 inch range. Any ideas?

Nearly all of the previous crosses I tried have taken thus far so waiting on the last couple I did yesterday to see if they took or not.

After walking the gardens I'm more anxious than ever to get back to weeding but not for another week. My husband keeps saying....have patience, the garden isn't going anywhere. He's right of course.

Julia

• nat4b
    10 years ago

There are so many beauties in this post, I can't choose a favorite. Maui Sunrise is beautiful, love Kentucky Lucky and Capacity of Wonder. Joshua is so pretty too, love the color. Intelligent Design looks good, is that instant rebloom scape?

• Julia WV (6b)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

nat: INTELLIGENT DESIGN is just sending up a rebloom scape. I'd have to look at the scape in the pic to see where it is growing from. She is pod fertile too.

Julia

• nat4b
    10 years ago

That's nice, mine is finishing blooming on its rebloom scape. I tried crossing it too this year and all but one pods fell off

Sponsored
A.I.S. Renovations Ltd.
Average rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars15 Reviews
Custom Craftsmanship & Construction Solutions in Franklin County