Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Blooms From the Last Few Days

organic_kitten
10 years ago

Cosmic Traveler on rebloom had a nice little clump:

Crazy Ivan is such a great plant:

Spacecoast Eye for Passion, first bloom on rebloom. I thought the stray cats fighting on it had killed this plnt. Not so:

Ledgewood's Jungle Music - I have really liked the delicacy of this one on rebloom. So much prettier than first blooms:

Cape Coral:

Purple Breasted Honey Creeper - third set of scapes, first bloom this set of rebloom scapes:

Betty Ford- a little rain on this rebloom

South Seas:

Shake the Mountain:

Running Late - first bloom on this very late one:

Parrot Jungle:

kay

Comments (10)

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Purple Breasted Honey Creeper is picture perfect. Just the right amount of lighting. Absolutely delightful to see.
    Shake the Mountain is my second favorite. The color and the way the blooms cuddle up to each other.

Julia

• deangreen
    10 years ago

jungle music and honey creeper are my favorites!! all the pictures are wonderful. thanks for sharing.

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Cosmic Traveler rebloomed here last year, but not this year. Your rebloom flowers look better than some of the original (such as with Shake the Mountain). Eye for Passion looks very good.

• dementieva
    10 years ago

How does PARROT JUNGLE do for you overall? That one's on my "maybe" list this year.

Thanks,
    Nate

• TNY78
    10 years ago

Really nice collection. I especially like Crazy Ivan and Shake the Mtn. I also have Cape Coral, but so far I haven't been overly impressed with it. The blooms always look alittle disorganized to me. Maybe as it gets older it will pull itself together :)

Tammy

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

gorgeous blooms again, KAY. PURPLE HONEY CREEPER is so pretty. love that one.shake the mountain is pretty, too, and I love.PARROT JUNGLE, so pretty. you have lots of rebloomers still putting out, too.very nice kay

jean

• nat4b
    10 years ago

All the daylilies are very pretty, but I just love the first two, Cosmic Traveler and Crazy Ivan. And how nice that Sp. Eye For Passion survived!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all for looking, yet again. My first bloom was May 7th this year. That means I have been getting up at 06:00 AM for almost three moths to take pictures of daylilies. Today (Tuesday) I said nope. I'm sure I will continue to take some photos and post, but to be honest, with only 20 or so still blooming, it isn't as much fun. Whine of the day.

Thanks, Julia. I couldn't ask any more of a plant than that one has given. Three rounds of blooms with several scapes each time is really good. And I like that bloom.

Deangreen, Parrot Jungle has done well for me, but Bill (Maryott) said it doesn't d well there and he keeps it for those like me who like it, and who have good luck with it. Dan Trimmer said that it wasn't meant so much for growing, but rather for hybridizing. I like it and I'm glad you did too.
    Mantis, you are correct, as usual. My reblooms in gerneral, look better than the originals this year. Better for, better color, better quality. It's lucky I had a good many of them.
    Tammy, Crazy Ivan doesn't seem to attract thrips or slugs here so the blooms are perfect. Cape Coral has eiter beautiful blooms or slugs generally for me.
    Thanks, Jean. They are still blooming fairly well, but it is shutting down.
    Thanks, nat4b, I really thought SC Eye for Passion was a goner. Cosmic Traveler has had a good year this time, and Crazy Ivan is just a really good plant. Debra was the enabler on that one several years ago.
    kay

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Beautiful pics, Kay. I particularly like Honey Creeper and SC Eye for Passion. I haven't had great luck with the Spacecoast series or I'd add that one to my list.

I've been meaning to ask you where you get your markers. They're so nice and tidy! I guess you have to know you have a keeper to invest in the marker, right?

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Chris. That would indicate I was more frugal than the reality. Actually, my daughter has inherited several labels with the plants. I figure if I am planting it, I need to know what it is...and I order labels. If I get a bonus plant, I wait until I know I am keeping it to buy the label. The labels are engraved and they come from Oakes. I've had some since 2008 and they are in the same shape as they were when I put them out. Choice of green or black background, and they will add Tet or an * to indicate the ploidy.
    kay

Sponsored
Uncommon Interiors
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Turnkey Interior Design Studio in Loudoun County, VA