Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Blooming today

Posted by hoosier_nan IN z6a/5b (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 13:22

Ashwood Summer Sunshine is one of our favorites. Its blooms can be quite large.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Blooming today

Forestlake Becky is in its first summer here and has done quite well.

o

Raspberry Flambe is reblooming. I am not sure if this one is a keeper. It can be beautiful, but the first round of blooms were often splotchy. Thrips probably but I don't spray for thrips. Also the scapes are very tall and tend to fall over. It's well budded though.

o

The next on is Pinewood Light in the Darkness. It is small, short, but oh, what an edge!

o

The last one is a seedling. It's Ashwood Summer Sunshine X Cactus Blossom. It resembles Cactus Blossom but has better color and edge and is about 2 inches larger.

o

Ashwood Summer Sunshine has such a nice color. Too bad about the early blooms being splotchy on Raspberry Flambe, it is really a pretty bloom. Good job on your seedling, very pretty.

o

Gorgeous pictures! It's nice to see what's blooming in the garden while I'm out of town. Thanks for posting!

Bob

o

Very pretty, I like Raspberry Flambe the best. Lovely color.

kay

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 1, 14 at 17:51

Ashwood Summer Sunshine, with it's pretty pastel blending of colors, is my favorite. Forestlake Becky is another apricot that is appealing. They are all nice however.......Maryl

o

I too have Ashwood Summer Sunshine and am crazy about it. Huge blooms and intricate coloration. Like the color on Light in the Darkness, but not those short scapes. Thanks for letting us know weaknesses as well as strengths.

o

Ashwood Summer Sunshine is a pretty one, and too
bad about the floppy tall scapes on Raspberry Flambe , as its a very pretty one. Sounds like my BEAUTIFUL EDGING. it has tall scaped too, and leans over and almost touches the ground some times. I have put a stake a few times to hold the scapes up.I wont get rid of it, so guess I will have to stake up scapes, unless it makes bigger ones later.Its been here 3 years, so should have better scapes on it.

jean

o

Eye candy. I am jealous and hungry.

o

Forestlake Becky and your seedling are my favorites of these.

Debra

o

Very pretty! Ashwood Summer Sunshine is my favorite of these.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here