Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jkunkel_gw

what's your favorite pink?

jkunkel
16 years ago

I have found myself NEEDING more pinks recently! Just thought it would be fun to share some of your favorite pink blooms and best pink performers! (so I can get some ideas) I already know I need to get Joylene Nichole, and Barbra Mitchell. What are your fav. pinks? -Jessica

Comments (28)

• luvtosharedivs
    16 years ago

This isn't the best picture of Corryton Pink, maybe someone else will have a better view. When the clump is in full bloom, it's very noticeable across the yard:
    {{gwi:926938}}

A couple more:
    {{gwi:926940}}

{{gwi:926941}}

Julie

• maximus7116
    16 years ago

You really can't mean just ONE pink? I had a hard time narrowing it down to these:

I wish I had a better photo of this one --

Let me know if you want the rest of my top 100 pinks!

Chris

• gonegardening
    16 years ago

Yes, Chris, show us more, lol! Your pictures are great! The more, the better! I agree with Michigan Magic!

• newyorkrita
    16 years ago

Yes, we want the rest too, thank you!

• tweetypye
    16 years ago

A few of my pink beauties.
    Nancy Billingslea...huge bloom
    {{gwi:671904}}
    Saint Luis Regal
    {{gwi:671903}}
    Wedding Feast, another big one!
    {{gwi:671902}}
    Belle Cook..a real show off!

Like Chris, I've got lots more for anyone who wants to see them, just visit my Photobucket Album....link below. :)
    Jan

Here is a link that might be useful: My Daylily Albums

• okbt
    16 years ago

I was a bit surprised to find that I don't have many pinks to choose from,but this year my favorite is Mystical Rainbow.

Concorde Nelson confuses me.I bought it because it was peach colored in the pics I had seen.The description is lavender pink,and it blooms really pink so far.
    {{gwi:650765}}
    If it stays blooming this way I will be happy.

Betsy

• katladie
    16 years ago

Oh gosh, they are all lovely.
    Jan, I am looking at your album, although it isn't pink I love Terry Lyninger, it is awesome. You have a wonderful collection.

Sharon

• pianoman
    16 years ago

These are all stunning. If you are a fan of old-fashioned form, Patricia Fay is a beautiful, easy-to-find no-nonsense pink. It's a real bloom machine for me.

• phaltyme21
    16 years ago

This is one of my new favorites.

• rarejem
    16 years ago

Like Betsy, I was surprised to find that I am somewhat lacking in the pink area as well. And after looking at the last few posts, I can see some that I would definitely like to add to resolve that issue!

Julie, that Tennyson is wonderful! That's the first time I have seen a pic of it and I love it.

Chris, my favorite of yours is Tahitian Waterfall... Lovely!

And Jan, I am dying to take time to look at your other pics! I love Nancy Billingslea, looks like it would be a real stunner from a distance!

Here are four I couldn't live without:

Bama Music
    Older, but big, beautiful, and full of blooms!

Prickled Petals

Strawberry Candy

And Elegant Candy

This time I'm (the other) Julie

• squirrellypete
    16 years ago

I know I post these everytime someone asks about favorite pinks but they're still some of my faves so here ya' go:

Anne McNutt

Chattahoochee Rose

Chorus Line

Pink Souffle (sorry about the shadow)

Here's Tour De Force for a double (more mauve colored)

Danielle

• jean_ar
    16 years ago

WOW!@!!!!! gosh, they are all so beautiful.I want them all:).Jam, you have some real beauties too,I just went and looked at them all in your Album,and even enlarged most of them,so could see them better.Wow.Now my eyes are hurting and created a headache too,but was worth it.Thanks for sharing all your beauties.

Jean

• jkunkel
    Original Author
    16 years ago

WOW... thanks for all the pretty pictures! Ive had my eye on that Nancy billingslea, I like how it is so BIG! Of course Belle cook, but she is still a bit on the expensive side, I can wait though, she's beautiful. Love Tahitian waterfall, and Calypso bay, and Michigan magic, I have a thing for flowers with stand out veining! Thanks for posting a pic of Bamma Belle, I saw that one over at the lily auction, and couldn't find any other pic for it besides the sellers pic, its a looker!
    I just noticed I didn't post my favorite pink. Just got a bunch more this year, but I haven't seen their true potential yet, so im going to pick a tride and true
    Sue Rothbauer
    {{gwi:846891}}
    Total commitment
    {{gwi:873037}}
    TC is one of my last ones blooming. But I am starting to see some rebloom scapes peeking up! Keep showing your pretty pictures! -Jessica

• Lisa_H OK
    16 years ago

A couple of mine don't have names :) But here's a few

Jedi Dot Pierce

Chorus Line

This is a new introduction by Judy Ann, but I've misplaced the name! Darn it, I purged my email inbox and now I can't find anything! I'll track it down if anyone wants it.

this one might be Hush Little Baby:

And this one I don't know :)

• Waitforspring
    16 years ago

So many lovelies.
    Here's one nobdy mentioned that I like.
    Palladian Pink

• lotodig
    16 years ago

Goodness gracious those are are some beautiful colors of pink, that look really pink and not the coral pink that seems to be the norm.

My absolute favorite is this one, it is soooo unusual and really beautiful to me. Every bloom is different

PINK STRIPES

• fairysoapgirl
    15 years ago

bump

• running_free
    15 years ago

As a guy I'm not a big fan of the pinks but Corryton Pink has sturdy, masculine scapes and the blooms are just outrageous. Like you mentioned, they stand out in the landscape to draw you in for a closer view. One of my favorites for landscape renovation jobs. That Patricia Fay looks like a dandy I might have to try too.

• shive
    15 years ago

Here are some inexpensive pinks that are truly pink without those peachy tones.

SAN IGNACIO, a soft, ruffly baby ribbon pink

SONG IN MY HEART

AT FIRST BLUSH
    {{gwi:672028}}

BREAKFAST AT TIFFANY'S
    {{gwi:698645}}

FOLLOW YOUR DREAMS
    {{gwi:671919}}

Debra in Nashville, TN

• Nancy Barginear
    15 years ago

Pink is my favorite color, so I cannot choose which one would be #1. I like them all. Here's my list of a few great pinks: Belle Cook, Wild Cherry Round Up, Wild Mustang, Edith Sliger, Enchanting Esmerelda, Pearl Fisher Pink, Persian Market, Strawberry Candy, Strawberry Taffy, Savannah Sweetheart (pastel double) and Clothed In Glory (when it doesn't fade).

Nancy

• lilylady_2008
    15 years ago

Wow! I gotta get Tennyson, Eye Declare and Elegant Candy. I can see the short time I've been coming to this site is going to be costly! LOL Jolyene Nichole is one of my favorites. She has yet to disappoint me.

Dianna

• botanybabe
    15 years ago

It's hard to beat Dragon's Eye when you're talking about pinks. It's the ultimate pink in my book. But they are all beautiful. For the fancy ones I like Darla Anita with it's sound pink and beautiful yellow edge.

Lainey

• newyorkrita
    15 years ago

I added some lovely pinks this spring but of course they haven't bloomed yet! Two that come to mind are Belle of Ashwood and Prelude to Panoply. Can't wait until I can take pictures of them as I have some scapes.

• sharons2
    15 years ago

I went on a Daylily tour, and I got to compare Silken Touch, Southern Gentleman, and Awash with Color - which were all a very similar peachish-pink.

I also saw a combination of Palladian Pink, Rhythm & Blues, and Frosted Pink Ice (along with some others), which I really liked. Next to Palladian Pink, I wrote "pink Rhythm & Blues"; and next to Rhythm & Blues, I wrote "lavender Palladian Pink" ... but I never thought to compare Palladian Pink with the other three up above.

Is Palladian Pink a true pink that would not clash with other pink and lavender flowers?

Thanks,
    Sharon

• macthayer
    15 years ago

I just found the name of my favorite pink. It is Sialom Double Classic. She's a beautiful early-mid season, long bloomer, fully doubled, and will stay true to her pink genes unless planted in highly acidic soil (and then she gets a little peachy - or so they say. She's pink for me.) Below is a link so you can see her. MacThayer

Here is a link that might be useful: Oakes Daylilies

• sharons2
    14 years ago

My favorite pinks so far are Classic Delight and Chance Encounter. I'm looking forward to seeing San Ignacio and Follow Your Dreams in person this year.

• carefreeplants_2008
    14 years ago

This year, favorite pinks are Half Moon Key, Song in My Heart and April LaQuinta
    Bj

• organic_kitten
    14 years ago

Favorite pink I don'thave yet may be Song in my Heart:

I like spiritual Corridor:
    {{gwi:926966}}

Lee Reinke:
    {{gwi:775112}}

San Ignacio

And the Paul Owens seedling:
    {{gwi:874070}}

kay