Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Hurricane Isaac Forecast not good

organic_kitten
11 years ago

We'll be waiting to see, but they keep putting the projected track to head up trough Alabama...could be a disaster. tornadoes are enough, we surely don't need hurricanes too.

Keep all of us along the coastal stAates in mind...Florida, Georgia and Alabama in particular.

kay

Comments (24)

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    11 years ago

Definitely hoping for the best for you! Stay safe!

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

Kay. I do pray that you and every one in the path of this big hurricane will be safe.I been hoping it will come more this way and give us some much needed rain. no tornados and high winds, just rain.Dont think they know yet, just where it will go.

jean

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Stay safe Kay and everyone else in the storms path. Although I'd enjoy a good long soaking rain, I would not want a hurricane or tornado bringing it to us.

Julia

• shive
    11 years ago

Kay - Are you in the southern part of Alabama? I'm hoping for some rain out of this. We've only gotten high winds (50 mph) from a hurricane once - I think it was four years ago. You, Ellie and Kathy in Florida stay safe.

Debra

• Nancy
    11 years ago

I'll be thinking of you all, Kay, stay safe.

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

Maybe Isaac will change his mind and move a little closer to Texas, just close enough though to bring rain. I hope it isn't too bad for you, Kay, and the rest of you who live in its predicted path.

Nancy

• mizellie
    11 years ago

They are predicting a path completely covering the whole state of Alabama but the eye won't reach this far in N. Alabama. Kay, Ida and anyone else in the southern area, God bless and keep you all safe...thank you Debra..we'll do our best here!! Ellie

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for kind wishes. I live in Central Alabama, Debra. I think there is still room for doubt as to precisely the path it will take, but it is not likely to be a good thing...expecially since they are predicting either a category 2 (bad) or 3 (disastrous) so we will wait and see and trust in the good Lord to protect us all.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Oh dear. This is not good. I figgured it would loose strength after hitting landfall. Stay safe. Nothing like the worry over a hurricane coming. Bad, bad news.

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

It is looking as if the track is going to be more westward. Bad for Mississippi. WE won't really know for a while, and even New Orleans is on watch now.

kay

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

I just put on weather channel. It showed moving away from the west coast of Florida but heading straight to New Orleans and Mobile as at least a catagory two, maybe more.

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

KAYjean

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

I was around for Hurricane Camile in Mississippi and I can tell you they are awefully scary. I remember one of the few buildings left standing in a strip in Biloxi afterwards was a church, the rest of the buildings were rubble. My prayers are with all in the path of this hurricane...... Maryl

• wren_garden
    11 years ago

God Bless you and keep you all safe!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

One saving grace for all of the southeast that might be affected is that Isaac is not strengthening as forecast. It is still a tropical storm. they continues to forecast it beinga a hurricane when it hits land, but there is major difference ibn a cat 1 and cat 2. Katrina, of course, was a cat 5. Jean, the GFS track would give you some rain. That could be a blessing.
    kay

• Brittie - La Porte, TX 9a
    11 years ago

Hurricanes are definitely scary! Ike hit us in Houston in 2008 as a cat 2 (it had previously been a cat 4, but downgraded just before it hit land). We didn't evacuate. Getting through the initial hurricane phase is bad enough, but what I really disliked were the power outages afterwards. Our power was off for a little over a week, but my mother's a mile away was off for 15 days. No power and no food either, other than what you have in your house because no stores are open. People get scary in that kind of situation, and they had a curfew set up to keep them off the street. None of my immediate neighbors had any major damage to their homes, but in the weeks that followed you saw a lot of tarps covering roofs and whatnot while they were waiting for a contractor to free up. Lots of downed trees, signs and fences as well as tin roofs. At the time, I lived about 30 minutes from the bay, but a solid hour or more from Galveston where Ike came ashore. Some places closer to there still look like hell because there just wasn't any money to fix it back up. I now live closer to the bay. I love it, but hurricanes are always a concern.

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

yep, Hurricanes can be very scary when they are heading straight where you are at. I lived in south Louisiana for 15 years and rode out at least a half dozen of them, and one of them moved our house 2 feet,and took a couple feet of the roof with it, too and the garage ended up on top of the car.I am watching the weather reports pretty close and it does look like its heading straight for New Orleans again.I do pray that every oone will be safe, where ever it ends up at.I woud just love some of the rain it drops.

Jean

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jean, they are now predicting it will head into Arkansas and Missouri on leaving Louisiana. Debra, keep safe because you are on the wrong side of it too. We are only supposed to get 3 to 5 inches with possibly some small tornadoes spinning up now. The real blessing is the dry air that keeps impeding it strengthening.

All of the gulf coast is in for quite a surge since it is pretty slow moving as well. Stay safe everyone.
    kay

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

I was listening to The Weather Channel where they were saying the thing with Isaaac is that it is moving so slow. So will be over each area for a long time with lots of rain and wind.

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

KAY: I didn't hear that report, but I hope thats all we all get is some much needed rain, and no tornados and high winds.just pray that every one stays safe where ever this thing is going.Dont we have a forum member that lives close to new orleans, Sharon, where are you at?

jean

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

How about that! Isaac still hasn't got his act together to be a hurricane. That is wonderful. There will be heavy rains and a few "spin-up" tornadoes, but not the monster he was made out to be.
    kay

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

Well,its a cat. 1 hurricane now,MOVing at 8 MPH. I have never known one to move that slow before, There will be floods everywhere.I don't wanr no flood, just some rain.

Jean

• gardenofeden777
    11 years ago

Update on Isaac. Made landfall then pulled back out and is stalled right now. What the heck?! Has everyone concerned & hoping that it doesn't strengthen anymore, and being stalled the rain is hammering New Orleans! There are 4900 homeless there now. 2 1/2 times the rate that it was before Katrina. So sad... and so many of them are very very young.

Praying the levees hold up and the pumping stations can keep up with the rain. I live in Trout, LA LaSalle parish and it is supposed to track right up thru here and then into AR. Can't stand the anxiety and chaotic shopping experience this causes either.

Me and my husband have been talking about moving down around Madisonville. Life here is a yawn, and we would be 20 miles or so from New Orleans for fun but without having to actually live in the city. These hurricanes all the time are wearisome and even more so if we moved far south again.
    Hum... My husband was born and raised in New Orleans so the draw is especially strong for him. Much to think about.
    Be safe everyone!!!

Rena'

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Take very good care Rena. So sorry this thing is causing so much havoc in Louisiana. We, in Alabama, are out of the bad. I understand that one of the parishes had a levee overtopping, and it is probably going to wind up going. What a tragedy. All forum friends stay SAFE.

kay

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH