Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
celestialrose_nh

A sampling of what's been blooming

celeste/NH
11 years ago

I am WAY behind in posting pictures but I will try to do a little at a time in the next weeks and months...really, I have that many. Good grief, I got the daylily crazies BAD.

Celeste

FROSTED VINTAGE RUFFLES....

SPACECOAST KRINKLES....

CINDY'S LACE....

WINEBERRY CANDY....

LONGLEGGED LAP DANCER....

VATICAN CITY....

CHANCE ENCOUNTER....

LEMON GO LIGHTLY....

STONE LOVELY....

BERRY CHEESECAKE....

SPIRIT FOX....

IN A CLUMP....

PREDICTION...

Comments (18)

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Ah yes, no cure for those daylily crazies ha-ha LOL!! SPIRIT FOX, oh my, let me get my sunglasses! Wow what a wowser. Love it. You know I love those hot colored ones. Oh the other side of the color spectrum, I just love FROSTED VINTAGE RUFFLES.

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Love spirit fox, in a clump no less. Long Legged Lap Dancer looks great, but Frosted Vintage Ruffles is such a sweet beauty, and it's my favorite.
    kay!

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

What can you tell us about Stone Lovely? Vigor, hardiness, bud count? Does it tend to bloom at the registered height? Some complain that Smith cultivars bloom too low in the foliage.

• User
    11 years ago

Lots of nice ruffles!

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Beautiful daylilies, every one! I especially love VATICAN CITY, but that clump shot of Spirit Fox is wonderful.

• shive
    11 years ago

Lots of pretty ones! My favorites are Frosted Vintage Ruffles and Longlegged Lapdancer. I've admired LL for awhile but wouldn't buy it because of the name. LOL I guess I'm just a prude.

Debra

• ohiovalleygardener
    11 years ago

Frosted Vintage Ruffles and Stone Lovely are my favorites of this batch but each is such a beauty.

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Red hot and cool--you have a great sampling of each. Frosted Vintage Ruffles is sooo cool, and beautiful, as is Cindy's Lace and Stone Lovely. Always love Chance Encounter and Wineberry Candy, lovely colors. So hot, Spirit Fox, and the clump shot can't be missed!!! Prediction is another hottie, and then there is Long-legged Lap Dancer. I don't like the name either, but I sure do like the daylily. Great group, Celeste, keep them coming. Avedon

• celeste/NH
    Original Author
    11 years ago

THANK YOU ALL for your great comments! I never seem to have much time to post photos because it is so much work and I have SO many pictures, but when you all are so appreciative it makes it worthwhile.

I knew you all would especially like Frosted Vintage Ruffles and Spirit Fox. It's a funny story about how I acquired that clump of Spirit Fox. I was visiting a nursery in the southern part of NH when I saw this fiery beacon across the fields and had to go over and see what it was. I asked about it and was told it wasn't for sale. Darn.
    I went back the next day (a 1 -1/2 hour drive each way) and asked about it again, inquiring as to when/if it would ever be for sale. The man dug up the whole clump and seperated it and away I went with a few fans of it and for not too bad a price either. He said anyone who would drive all that far (yet again) deserved to have it. I already have people begging me for a piece of it.

Mantis, Stone Lovely is brand-new so I won't dare comment on things like performance, height of scapes, etc. because I am noticing that most all my newbie plants (spring-planted) don't have great bud counts and some scapes are short...I blame it on the weather. We had unusually warm temps when I first planted them out in May and then all of a sudden we got hard frosts for a spell. A lot of them were set back by slug damage as well. And it's been really DRY all summer so I am cutting them all some slack...for now.

Celeste

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

Your pictures are all fabulous and your plants all look so,green and healthy. I can sure see why you,we're drawn to Spirit Fox. Your clump is stunning.
    Val

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

WOW, CELESTE> They are all so beautiful. hard to pick favorites out of them as each one is prettier then the last one. but I do love FROSTED VINTAGE RUFFLES the best i think and second choice would be SPIRIT FOX. WOW, thats a beauty.and the clump shot is gorgeous. hope you show them again.

Jean

• floral_grow
    9 years ago

good morning, I just received some frosted ruffle daylilly bulbs, I am zone 6, can I plant them now, and will they survive the winter.
    thanks,

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Yes, certainly. Trim the leaves and keep well watered. This dormant should do well in your zone.

• growgirl
    9 years ago

Beautiful pictures!

• Cindy zone 6a
    9 years ago

All nice, but I do like Prediction. It is one of my favorites that I grow. Berry Cheesecake looks good too!
    Cindy

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

You have a lot of beauties blooming now, Celeste, I really like Frosted Vintage Ruffles, (pink, of course) and Long Legged Lap Dancer (red, another passion) but I really like the unusual color of Spirit Fox too, so those are my favorites.

kay

• BlazenMarine
    9 years ago

WOW! i'm so jealous! those are fabulous!

• dzejna
    9 years ago

Gosh, eye candy :)) swoons....