Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Jessica Lillian daylily ??

Posted by missylin 9b (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 7, 14 at 14:30

My cousin Jessica has a little girl named Lillian- Lilly for short. I saw this daylily called Jessica-Lillian and thought it might be a good housewarming gift. The lady selling in on the daylily auction says it grows but does not bloom where she lives, north of Boston. my cousin just moved from Long Island to Poughkeepsee, NY (sp?????). I know also she has deer in her yard. I have no idea if the weather is different in Poughkeepsie and north of Boston or different enough. Is anyone familiar with Jessica Lillian. I read online it is dormant. I know zero about growing daylilies in the north. I am having so much trouble with them in Florida and a nursery just south of me has stopped carrying them. But, that's another story. Also, if Jessica Lillian would do well in upstate NY, when does one plant daylilies up there? Do they come back after they lose their leaves? Is it to late to plant? Here it's way to hot to plant now.Thanks everyone.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Jessica Lillian daylily ??

Dormants should do fine in NY, and I'm not sure why it isn't blooming in the Boston area. I don't grow this cultivar, so I can't comment on its habits. I'm in zone 5 (Michigan) where we get plenty of snow, and I do fall planting in September. Plants need to be in the ground at least six weeks before the first hard frost. Dormants begin to come up in early Spring here. I checked out the listing on the auction, and it's a very pretty one!

o
RE: Jessica Lillian daylily ??

Has always been a weak grower here.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here