Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
This is madness

Posted by pdsavage 5/6 (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 5, 12 at 15:28

I can't stop bidding on seeds.
It does not help that im also bidding on daylilies as well and im using the daylily auction and Ebay GAH!!!

One good thing is I don't allways win and I limit the amount I spend for each bid.

Do you think if I tell my husband "sorry Dear I didn't think I would win so many" will it work???

It does not help with everyone showing off their wonderfull Daylilies...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: This is madness

Gee that's exactly the line I gave my husband when all the boxes kept coming last spring. Unfortunately he's very indulgent, and that just makes the addiction worse.

Debra

o

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 5, 12 at 16:36

I tell my DH when he's working on the computer. I know he's not paying any attention then but then he doesn't pay attention when I talk daylilies at any time! Later he just pays up. LOL.

o

Agree that it's a form of madness... I don't do the seeds, but I've had to force myself to stay off of Lily Auction in a vain attempt to avoid acquiring more plants. In addition to plants bought this spring, I still have a few that I bought last year that are still sitting in tubs of water!

Plant lust... that's what it is.

o

I have three empty holes-and 6 (not counting bonus) coming in the mail any day. I succumed to a Maryott order to get the bonus Ruby Claire Mims. The neighbors have to wonder why I am continually planting and unplanting things.

o

I have zillions of more seeds than I intend to plant, and still bought a couple of interesting crosses at the LA. I fully expected a negative response from my DH, but he didn't say a word. I guess he is used to me by now.

Nancy

o

It's just part of the addiction. We will rationalize if absolutely necessary, otherwise, acquire...again and again.

kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here