Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
vivian_2010

Your opinions on Daylily Final Touch

I was searching for a late blooming daylily, with large flower size, and long blooming time (perhpas too much to ask), and Final Touch came as a top runner and also our Lowe's has it on sale for $1 for a good size plant. Anybody has any experience with this daylily and how long it blooms?
Thank you.
Vivian

Comments (12)

• shive
    10 years ago

Final Touch is a very good late bloomer. It is a bud builder that keeps adding buds onto the end of the scape. For several years it has bloomed all the way into September for me. As a point of comparison, most of my lates are finished by mid July.

• vivian_2010 (IL Zone 5a)
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you Shive. It is a beautiful bloom you show here. How much sun does it get?
    Vivian

• shive
    10 years ago

Vivian - Mine gets about 6 hours of sun a day. It gets some early morning sun, and then is shaded from noon until about 4 p.m. here. It does need full sun to do the bud building and keep blooming for a long time.

Debra

Original Author
    10 years ago

Hi Debra, Thank you for the information. I have gone out and bought 2 of them. Hopefully they will send out blooms as pretty as yours.
    Vivian

• nat4b
    10 years ago

I agree, it's a good late one. Doesn't open in the morning, but not a big flaw for a daylily that is a reliable late, with lots of blooms, and multiplies quickly. And $1 is a great price :) Here's from today

and later at about 11am

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Popping in to agree. I lost mine to voles, but will certainly replace it. It's a very good reliable late bloomer.
    kay

Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all for sharing your experince. I am very impressed with the blooms and the multiple of them! Give me something to look forward to next year.

Vivian

• dementieva
    10 years ago

Keep in mind that Lowe's and other big stores are notorious for having mislabeled plants. That said, any daylily for $1 is probably worth the money.

Nate

• taurustendency
    10 years ago

i saw that lowes was selling final touch yesterday, but im not so sure it actually was final touch. the blooms seemed very small in comparison to my own and the color pattern was a little different. but it was still really pretty. perhaps over time it would start to look more normal, once they get out of their overcrowded pots.

• taurustendency
    10 years ago

here is mine...the ones i seen at my local lowes were about half this size.?????

This post was edited by taurustendency on Mon, Aug 19, 13 at 7:02

Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you for the information. Unfortunately the ones I bought from Lowe's don't have blooms on them. So I will have to take the chance and hope that I have the real Final Touch.
    Vivian

• phaltyme21
    10 years ago

How nice to read your thinking on Final Touch, my daughter put one in my garden last fall---it is blooming
    now. It has a very attractive flower, I would post it but am
    not doing very well with the posting.

Kay (phal)