Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Three still blooming here

shive
11 years ago

This weekend I have three daylilies blooming, two on their first blooms, and one on a second rebloom.

INDIAN RIPPLE is blooming very late this year.

Comments (17)

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

JEANNE DEAVER'S DREAM continues to put up rebloom scapes.

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

WHEEL OF TIME was off schedule this year, with the first scape beginning in late July. This is the second scape with 18 buds. A third scape is on the way!

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

Those are all beautiful and are even more beautiful this time of year! I have always meant to get 'Indian Ripple' and don't know why I don't have it yet. It is gorgeous.
    Some of my daylilies were off-schedule too. 'Frank's Star of Bethlehem' is the most notable one. It's listed as an Early but barely started blooming a couple weeks ago. It's out there blooming with the latebloomers, with plenty buds to go. And I have found 5 now with rebloom scapes, which is unheard of in zone 4.
    BTW, 'Northern Fancy' still has several buds left. It is supposed to be early-mid but it also started late and has been a very productive bloomer with many weeks of beauty.
    I'm so happy it seems to like my garden:)

Celeste

• Nancy
    11 years ago

They are all 3 really lovely. I always admire Indian Ripple too & keep meaning to get it. But then, I have a lot on my wish list that I keep meaning to get.
    I just noticed today that I have a rebloom scape on Siloam Virginia Henson. Thought at first it was from Wedding Gown that rebloomed twice last year for me, but realized when I looked closer that it was not. I don't believe Virginia is supposed to rebloom, do any Siloams rebloom?

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Celeste - Good to know Northern Fancy is a productive and long bloomer for you.

Nancy - I know Siloam June Bug always reblooms. I used to have Sil. Virginia Henson and remember it reblooming the first year I had it.

Debra

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

They are all quite pretty. Wheel of Time is especially pretty, but so is Jeanne Deaver's Dream, and I like the hot ones, so I like them all.
    kay

• mizellie
    11 years ago

It's a toss-up betweed Wheel Of Time and Jeanne Deaver's Dream. I really like them both.. Lucky you to still have a bloom. I have a bloom on Savannah Debutante that is on it's way out..Bye bye.. and Magnificent Hummingbird still has a bloom. Windows of Joy has one that should open tomorrow...Ellie

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ellie - It sounds like you will have blooms for awhile longer. I'm excited about a one-year-old seedling that is scaping late. I should see it bloom for the first time in September.

Debra

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Wow. Great blooms and nice to see them this late in the year.

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Rita - I'm always glad to see some blooming late. Bright colored ones like Indian Ripple really draw the eye in beds where nothing else is blooming.

Debra

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Always good to see more bloom pics. Many of my beds are already showing the dying foliage and dead scapes.
    Only got a few still blooming but I found more scapes coming up. Very odd year.

Julia

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

You have some beautiful late blooms--and any late bloom is great. I have a few still blooming and it's so nice to see some color. JEANNE DEAVER'S DREAM is gorgeous and I love the bight colors of INDIAN RIPPLE.
    Val

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

WEll I just love all three of them,and cant decided which one I like the best, they so pretty.I guessJEANNE DEAVER'S DREAM stand out a little more.Reblooms are really great.

Jean

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

They are all beautiful! I'd love to have all three of them in my garden, too.

Isn't it strange this year how the daylilies are off-schedule? NIGHT BEACON started blooming for the first time a couple of days ago. Its season is EM.

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

The bud count on Indian Ripple seems quite low. Wheel of Time however looks quite well budded for a rebloom scape.

• User
    11 years ago

Wheel of Time is quite nice. I just planted one in my garden and am looking forward to the blooms next year.

• shive
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Mantis - Indian Ripple only has a few buds, but at least it finally bloomed. It has not gotten gotten much water this summer. Wheel of Time, on the other hand, was regularly watered.

Debra