Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximus7116

Beautiful Saturday

maximus7116
10 years ago

It may be the end of the season, but these daylilies made the garden beautiful today:

CHATEAU BELAIR -- I'm more impressed with this intro as the season goes on.

LOVE OR ELSE, a nice late that's planted in too much shade:

AS THE WORLD TURNS hitting its stride, with Up on the Roof in the background:

THE HOLO DECK, new this year:

HIGH PLAINS DRIFTER, a monster bloom:

Something chewed up this bloom from SOLITARY LOON -- it deserves a better home here:

A sad day when I see the last two blooms from CATASTROPHE WAITRESS:

And evidently it's time to clean the gutters:

Chris

Comments (11)

• shive
    10 years ago

Chateau Belair looks so pretty with the phlox! I really like that one! I'll have to check into Love Or Else too since it looks like such a nice late. High Plains Drifter is one I'm not familiar with, so I'll have to look that one up too. What a cute little sunflower growing in the gutter!

Debra

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Those are beautiful today, Chris. I really like High Plains Drifter and Chateau Belair. Catastrophe Waitress has been a beauty all season. As The World Turns is looking great. A really nice late day.
    kay

• Edward_Kimball
    10 years ago

I saw CHATEAU BELAIR and wondered how you managed to get my seedling.

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

High Plains Drifter is a real standout. Love those bright colors. As the World Turns and Chateau Belair are both beauties and look like they are great plants.
    Val

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

How fortunate you are to have such lovely blooms at the end of the season! I especially like Chateau Belair.

I used to have a huge diploid seedling that looked just like High Plains Drifter. I thought I brought it when we moved, but it somehow ended up in someone else's garden, I suppose.

I like your sunflower picture - reminds me of when I had a pine seedling growing up on the roof.

Nancy

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Debra, Love or Else and Photon Torpedo are two nice lates from Hanson that do well here that you might want to check out. High Plains Drifter was a new intro when I planted it two years ago and has been a slower grower than Chateau Belair, planted last year.

Edward, your seedling does look similar. On cooler days the color is much deeper on CB.

Thanks, Kay, Val and Nancy. It's always a little depressing to tour the garden when daylily season is winding down, so today was a nice day for the lates. Nancy, hopefully someone is enjoying your seedling somewhere. And I probably have a pine tree or two growing on my roof, too.

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Your pics have really promoted Chateau Belair and As the World Turns. Good to know what actually performs beautifully.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

hese are all beauties, again, sure love CHATEAU BELAIR , that one is so pretty.AS THE WORLD TURNS is a beauty and just look at all the buds you have still to open. gorgeous.I believe CATASTROPHE WAITRESS: is my favorite today. its gorgeous, and I love that sunflower growing way up high in the gutter.Guess it didn't want to be crowded in with the daylilies and wanted to be seen. love it.

jean

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Mantis. I know we both appreciate hearing the positives and negatives. It certainly helps me make better decisions. I can't just fall for the pretty face alone anymore, as tempting as that may be.

• deangreen
    10 years ago

that last pic is great. ha

• nat4b
    10 years ago

All looking so good! Including sunflower up in the skies :) I especially like Catastrophe Waitress and As the World Turns which still have lots of blooms to come. And my favorite today is High Plains Drifter, so big and bright.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville