8/7-8/8 pictures

nat4b
10 years ago

Some lates

Tahlequah Flame

Zena

Flying Carpet

Timeless Majesty

A new one - Stranger in a strange land; again debating on whether to cut a scape or let it bloom

Some last flowers

Forever Redeemed

Battle of Jericho

Intelligent Design

Sea Dragon

Noid #6

Golden Tear Drops

Thanks for looking!

Comments (10)

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

You have some great lates. Timeless Majesty is a beauty and I love the color of Tahlequah Flame.
    Intelligent Design is my favorite last bloom.
    Val

• shive
    10 years ago

I can't believe how good Flying Carpet looks in your climate! It doesn't have much color at all in our summer heat. Tahlequah Flame is burning bright for you. They're all very pretty!

Debra

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Timeless Majesty took a great pic. Stranger in a Strange Land has a strong edge for the North.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

wow, what some beauties you have.I been scrolling up and down trying to decide which one is my avorite, but, just cant decide as they all are so pretty.I love Timeless Majesty , its a beauty, but, I also like Stranger in a strange land just as well, too.Battle of Jericho is a beauty, too. gee, they all are my favorites. gorgeous blooms.

jean

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

You have some beautiful lates! Zena is a very nice pink and I love the white midribs. All of them are nice but Stranger in a strange land and Intelligent Design are my favorites. Marg

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Some really pretty one but Timeless Majesty ha my vote. So pretty for this late in the season.. Ellies

• nat4b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Val, Debra, Mantis, Jean, Marg, Ellie!

Flying Carpet - I was surprised to see that much color on it, I only remember it so bleached out from previous years, and always with one petal sticking out. Last year I decided to eliminate it but at the last minute couple of fans got spared and transplanted to another location. It is a much cooler summer than usual, so it has color now, plus some of the flowers open all the way!
    Timeless Majesty - it started with a stronger edge and several flowers hung up, now the edge is smaller and flowers open well. Had 3 great blooms on it today.
    Stranger (aka SIASL) on the other hand.. get tangled almost all the time. Well, it is its first year in the garden only, but still. I am a little sad.

This post was edited by nat4b on Fri, Aug 9, 13 at 11:26

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Georgeous lates, Nat4b. Really nice ones. I especially like Sea Dragon and Stranger in a Strange Land. Tahlequah Flame is always a lovely one too.
    kay

• Nancy Barginear
    10 years ago

It's great that you are still have such lovely blooms. Here in the Gulf Coast area, we are just having a few isolated, pathetic looking blooms. I'm thinking about cutting all remaining scapes, as to not stress plants any longer. Some are still sending up new scapes.

Nancy

• deangreen
    10 years ago

I like the flying carpet and redeemed the best! :)