Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
August 4 Flowers

Posted by nat4b 4 (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 4, 14 at 17:14

Some of my favorites from what's blooming today.

Forever Redeemed
 photo P8045551_zps60165e97.jpg

Francis of Assisi
 photo P8045557_zpse7ff39cc.jpg

Yellow Titan
 photo P8045561_zps3f10d55f.jpg

Sea Dragon
 photo P8045616_zps88cc1e17.jpg

photo P8045615_zps60b6dcd8.jpg

Fear Not
 photo P8045623_zps94ba16eb.jpg

JKO
 photo P8045625_zpsf6a613fa.jpg

Guilded Appeal
 photo P8045627_zps6e639a22.jpg

purple noid LFO
 photo P8045632_zps05fcc3ff.jpg

First rebloom on The Band Played On
 photo P8045637_zps53527654.jpg

Last on Raspberries in Cream
 photo P8045630_zpsa7a9fa45.jpg

Pleated noid without pleating
 photo P8045640_zps4e02fd7b.jpg

Man of Sorrows
 photo P8045509_zps52993160.jpg

Lily
 photo P8045547_zpsf8854176.jpg

Red zinnia
 photo P8045546_zps4def1e97.jpg

Feathered Storm
 photo P8045574_zps3a8f4eb1.jpg

red noid
 photo P8045613_zps4bd94ecb.jpg

TFL!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: August 4 Flowers

So many beautiful blooms in the post today. especially like Forever Redeemed, Francis of Assisi, and Fear Not. The clump of Sea Dragon is stunning. Beautiful post.
kay

o

That noid looks familiar. How tall? Flower size? Pocket Change? Someone should know that. Sea Dragon looks mighty fine, but it does appear to be blooming beneath the foliage. Is that always the case?

o

The Sea Dragon clump is a wow! Forever Redeemed and Fear Not always look perfect, and I do love Raspberries in Cream. I wish it would thrive here.

Debra

o

Oh goodness, so many beauties to see, I love Forever Redeemed . That is so pretty.and that color on Francis of Assisi is gorgeous. my favorite color.Love Sea Dragon, too.and that clump is gorgeous.really like that pretty pink of
JKO . and Man of Sorrow is a pretty one, too. but,it always is pretty.thanks for the show.

jean

o

You have a ton of great blooms, but my favorites have to be Yellow Titan (great clump shot!) and Raspberries in Cream.

o

Thanks all!
Like I said I posted almost all of my favorites that were blooming today :) The only thing.. my laptop monitor distorts the colors, like zinnia looks almost orange-red, Fear Not looks like dull dark pink instead of bright red as it is and so on. Don't know why is that. That's why I like to view pics on my old-style desktop monitor, but I can't post from there.

Thanks for the suggestion Mantis! Pocket Change is more sort of true red than my noid. Several years ago you suggested something with the word Sultry in the name, iirc, but it was not that either. There are so many of such reds.
Yes, I mentioned last time I posted that Sea Dragon blooms in the foliage - not bad, still visible as can be seen in the pic but still in the foliage. But, I like how it looks, like the name, and this year it has rebloom scapes coming up!

Debra, one of the girls I know got a seedling that looks just like RIC!! She only remembers the pod parent, and it was.. Strawberry Candy! She thinks she crossed it with some red self.

o

Forever Redeemed is one of my favorites too. It does well here. I love your clump of Sea Dragon (almost got that one, now wish I had) and I especially love the clump of the mighty Yellow Titan. That one demands attention!

Celeste

o

Ditto on the SEA DRAGON stunning. It reminds me of a bonus plant that I received in the spring BELLA NOTE and also like SOMEWHAT AWESOME. I was in a purple mood in the spring.
THE BAND PLAYED ON is on my want list as well as
FOREVER REDEEMED & FEAR NOT.
Your post is great I love when there are lots of pictures!
Which reminds me I planted white lilies last year and no white showed up this year. Hum... guess they kicked the bucket.

o

They are all very pretty, I can see why they are some of your favorites.

o

Wow, love the clump shot of SEA DRAGON. FOREVER REDEEMED really does well for you. Nice pic of it.

Julia

o

Like everyone else im a fan of Sea Dragon. Just gorgeous! Have to put that on my list. Love the clump pics!

Sherry

o

Thank you again for looking and commenting!

o

Sea Dragon is a color that can sometimes be splotchy, but every flower on that clump looks perfect. I always like Man of Sorrows.

o

Beautiful flowers! Thanks for sharing. I especially love Francis of Assisi and Sea Dragon.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here