Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

August Reblooms and the Late Late Show

shive
9 years ago

There were some beautiful rebloom flowers to greet me this morning.

LILLIAN'S JINGER BRED began its second rebloom cycle with this pretty face.

WONDER OF IT ALL was opened nice and flat by 9 today.

JAY FARQUHAR with better behaved sepals this morning.

SPACECOAST FRANCIS BUSBY brightly blazing.

WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS' last bloom. This late season bloomer had a seven week run. That's what pushed it up into my Top 3 purples for the season.

LAST CHANCE FOR ROMANCE continues its late bloom.

FINAL TOUCH still has plenty of buds left. I think it will make it into September.

Debra

This post was edited by shive on Sat, Aug 16, 14 at 17:42

Comments (8)

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

WOW!!LILLIAN'S JINGER BRED is a gorgeous beauty.Love LOve love that one, and WONDER OF IT ALL is always a favorite of mine.I can never get enough of looking at that one.Mine hasn't rebloomed this year, yet,anyway,but,BEAUTIFUL EDGING is blooming on rebloom now, and BUTTERED POPCORN sent up a rebloom scape, so it will soone has some blooms, if the fur balls don't break it off, the kitten just loves to run between the daylilies,playing. JAY FARQUHAR is a beauty, too, love that purple. and also WE ARE THE CHAMPIONS' is so very pretty.

jean

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    9 years ago

Very nice! SPACECOAST FRANCIS BUSBY is my favorite of the group.

• shive
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jean - I know you love Wonder of It All. As long as temps are in the 90s, it looks beautiful here. I don't know why I've never gotten Beautiful Edgings. It seems to perform well for everyone. My Buttered Popcorn is not reblooming yet. If it does rebloom, it's usually in September.

Twixanddud - Thanks for your comments!

Debra

• Nancy
    9 years ago

Lillian is a lovely pink. There are so many pretty pinks rather similar, I don't think I have any light pink like it. And I really like the look. I take it back, I have Ed Brown. The blooms always look good, but it doesn't bloom that long & it hasn't multiplied much at all since I've had it.
    Wonder of it All seems to do so well for everyone, & a beautiful daylily, I've always admired it. And Jay Farquar, AND We are the Champions. And....well, you can tell I don't have many blooms left, I love every one of them. If I pick an absolute favorite though, would have to be Spacecoast Francil Busby.

• nat4b
    9 years ago

Oh pretty ones! L. Jinger Bred is very very pretty, and 2nd set of rebloom is great! Love Jay Farquhar, and Sp Francis Busby looks great, so bright!
    Wonder of it All is gorgeous as usual. And the lates are nice. My Final Touch won't make it till September. For some reason lates started here earlier. Most of the rebloom I had was instant so they are mostly done too. But still some left :) And I found 2 more IR scapes on 2 DLs the other day!

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

What a beautiful bunch of daylilies so late in the season. I like all of them. Isn't Lillian's Jinger Bred by Fred Manning? I love the form and have a special fondness for petals that have a distinct corduroy pattern, which it does. The others are also lovely. I had no rebloom at all this year, so seeing yours is especially pleasing...........Maryl

• shive
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Maryl- Yes, Lillian's Jinger Bred is by Fred Manning. I'm looking at that photo on an IPad right now, and the color is much more peachy than it should be. I find the IPad adds yellow tones to pink and red tones to purples that are not apparent on my Dell laptop. I hate that my photos look so different on here! Also it automatically corrected your name to be Maryland. I definitely have some issues with IPads.

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Lillian's Jinger Bred is my pick of these, but Spacecoast Francis Busby is a beauty too.
    kay