Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A few still blooming

Posted by waitforspring z6MA (My Page) on
Sat, Aug 18, 12 at 17:29

Seems like I pretty much missed daylily season this year, but I do have a few still blooming. Here are a few pictures taken in the last few days. All of them are still blooming today.
Val

Last flower is open today. This one had a lot of flowers and is late.

New this year and reblooming.

This one sometimes hs trouble opening, but I love it when it's open and it still has quite a few buds.

One scape is budbuilding and there is a rebloom scape too.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few still blooming

• Posted by marric Z5a Ontario (My Page) on
    Sat, Aug 18, 12 at 19:06

I like the second picture, your new one. Do you know the name? The Jury's Out is also very nice, I like the shape of it and the bright yellow with the green throat. Marg

o

Love all the yellows and The Late, Late, Show. Avedon

o

wow, what some beauties you have, Ilove that first one and LATE LATE SHOW,So pretty.

Jean

o

Love the colors on Late Late Show. I noticed I have a scape or 2 on daylilies I haven't moved yet..Miner's Finding is pure gold. Nice photos...Ellie

o

Marg, oops, didn't notice that the second one wasn't labeled. It's ALEXIS SUNNY PANTS, a Paul Owen intro and doing great for a first year plant. the Jury's Out has a lot of buds for a new plant and late is always a bonus.

LATE LATE SHOW was new last year and has really upped the bud count this year. I love the color.

Ellie, when it's good I really like MINER''S FINDINGS and it has a green throat which is always a plus for me.
Val

o

I love the pic of Sundays With Vernon! I'm not usually drawn to many yellows, but that one's pretty form and bright, sunny color caught my eye. It looks huge in the photo- is it really as big as it looks?
Great to see some still blooming- I only have 3 blooming left. One is a late bloomer and two are reblooming. Thanks for posting your beauties,

Susan

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Sun, Aug 19, 12 at 23:27

Farewell Bouquet and Miner's findings are my top two, but how nice to have so many other pretties to look at too....Maryl

o

Susan-- Yes, SUNDAYS WITH VERNON is a big flower. It's registered as 8" and it's a great performer.

Maryl, FAREWELL BOUQUET and MINER'S FINDINGS are both very nice and very late. So nice to still have a few blooming.
Val

o

LATE LATE SHOW is very pretty Val. So quickly the season has gone.

Julia

o

Oh, so very nice to have blooms this late in August and I love everyone one of them!! Still, LATE LATE SHOW is my very favorite.

o

Great looking blooms I agree with Rita Late Late Show is my favorite.
Linda

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here