Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
864 flowers on my Minaret!

Posted by sherrygirl none5 (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 20, 14 at 17:35

My Autumn Minaret has 36 scapes with 24 buds per scape. That's an amazing 864 flowers. Talk about a work horse! Its been blooming for about 2 weeks.

Sherry

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 864 flowers on my Minaret!

How cool. I just bought one last week. I have one scape. But the future looks bright.

o

Very nice! I remember seeing Autumn Minaret at the Chicago Botanic Garden several years ago, it made quite an impression!

o

My Autumn Minaret has been blooming since the middle of July and has 11 scapes. It's almost 6 feet tall. It puts on a show!!!!

Rosy

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 22, 14 at 14:43

Talk about getting your monies worth. That's a pretty amazing bud count. Lucky you..........Maryl

o

Wow I didn't know it has such a good bud count!

o

This one does. I have 2 more in my yard. One has about 20 scapes with on average 18 buds per scape. The other got moved last year and only has about 12 scapes now but will probably do better next season. They usually bloom for about 6 weeks.

Sherry

o

I have two clumps, but it has stopped blooming due to crowding and shade weather my increasing inability to bend and dig will prevent me from building new beds remains to be seen--not to mention cutting down the sumac, blackberries, lonicera, poison ivy, virginia creeper, wild grapes,oak seedlings and thorns and thistles.-----------there are also clumps of Statuesque, Challenger, and Purity in the jungle and I wish I had never bought that blasted giant miscanthus!------------Weedy

o

My back fence turned into a jungle too. Looked sort of like your forest :) Wow those wild grapes.. I spent hours cleaning the fence and shrubs from it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here