Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mantis__oh

Lingering Blooms

mantis__oh
10 years ago

Solitary blooms now often preside over a stretch of sticks.

BOUNDLESS BEAUTY, though, still has multiple blooms.

Big flower

More multiples from KRAKATOA LAVA

LAURA HARWOOD has had different faces with the cooler nights we've had, but regardless, she has loved the coolness.

A great year for Laura

HEAVENLY BOMBSHELL

JEWELED TIARA

EARNEST YEARWOOD reblooms

STONE BEACON

Don't be deceived by this dog's smiles. He ran away this morning, leash in tow, and minutes later was brought back by a neighbor who reported that he had eaten two bowls of her cats' food.

Some definitely prefer tastes other than that of daylilies.

Strawberry Delight

Comments (9)

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

Makes me mad seeing your LAURA HARWOOD. Here she is a disaster this year.
    BOUNDLESS BEAUTY looks wonderful with that ruffled edge.
    LOL about what your dog did. Could have been worse I guess.
    Beautiful butterflies. We are not seeing too many this year here.

Julia

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Well, at least he ate the cats' food and not the cats. No wonder he looks so happy.

Your butterflies are beautiful. I don't get many different butterflies here, but I see from your plantings that you grow a lot of stuff they like.

I remained impressed with Boundless Beauty, and Stone Beacon always looks good.

• TNY78
    10 years ago

Larua Harwood is beautiful! I love all of her blooms look different. Also you butterfly picture are stunning! I haven't seen too many this year, but my garden hasn't looked its best either (lack of weeding), so they may have chosen my neighbors' flowerbeds over mine.

Your pooch is adorable too! It must be a full moon because I took my min pin mix with today to get gas and she managed to jump over the backseat of my SUV, go into the cargo area, and proceed to rip open a bag of our puppy's food (not her food). I picked up as much as I could, but I still need to make a trip to the carwash to vacuum it out.

Tammy

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

haha guess the dogs like a change in flavor and texture some timesThe butterfly pictures are very nice. I haven't see n many butterflys here either.it is so hot here, maybe they staying in the shade some where.LAURA HARWOOD is a very pretty one.

jean

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Love butterflies pictures! They are beautiful!
    My favorite daylilies are Boundless Beauty and Heavenly Bombshell, and lol at your dog's adventure.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Your Laura Harwood is gorgeous, Mantis. That gives me some hope. Not much, since I am in the south, but some. The butterflies photos are beautiful. Of course, you would have Zebra Swallowtails, which I would so like to see here, and have only once in a couple of years. Very nice.

That dog has an innocent face if I've ever seen one...I'm sure your neighbor was mistaken. My dogs don't consider cats to be quite their equals anyway.

Such a fun post. thank you.
    kay

• mantis__oh
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Buddleia and verbena bonariensis seem to assure constant visits by butterflies.

• mizellie
    10 years ago

The Swallowtails and Zebra Butterflies are beautiful. Your pet is smirking at us.... Boundless Beauty is beautiful as are the Cannas...Ellie

• shive
    10 years ago

Boundless Beauty has really performed well for you this season! I remember your early photos of it, so it has been blooming a long time. Your dog's expression shows how much he loves the taste of cat food. What a scamp! The swallowtails are just beautiful. I've had a lot in my yard the past couple of weeks but haven't had time to enjoy them. I don't much care for going back to school the last week of July, but the school system here doesn't care about my opinion.

Debra