Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Its very late...

Posted by mamalion 5 IL (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 27, 14 at 18:14

Glad to have this one blooming though! I may need to add a few companions to this very late daylily that is just getting going in the garden.

AFTERGLOW OF LOVE

Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Its very late...

Another flower aptly named. Polychromes really do glow, and anything that looks this good, this late in the season is sure to be loved. The only daylilies still blooming in my garden are August Flame and Sandra Elizabeth, so it's a treat to see one like this. Thanks for sharing the picture.

o

Its a beauty, too. The late bloomers are always such a welcome sight.thanks for sharing it.

jean

o

Wow! That sure is one real pretty daylily to finish the season with. I sure do love the Poly's....the color is so amazing.

Linda

o

What a pretty color, I love the polychromes, they do just glow, no other way to describe it.

o

• Posted by maryl Z7 Okla. (My Page) on
    Fri, Aug 29, 14 at 2:41

What a beauty. I agree. There's something about polychromes that really appeals to me and this is a wonderful example. In our heat the blending of colors doesn't hold that long, but it sure is pretty first thing in the AM......I just went back and looked again at your picture. Afterglow of Love is a stunner. Glad you posted it......Maryl

o

Beautiful! I thought the name sounded familiar - I see it's a Hanson.

o

What a pretty season ender!

o

Here's one of my late bloomers. It's called Charleston Autumn Moonlight. The throat has a bit of green cast to it. It was hybridized by a local college botany professor. 5 Acre Daylily Farm has this late-bloomer. The description was that this late bloomer blooms in September. Yes, it does!

o

What a beautiful end to the season. Love it.
kay

o

Mamalion, i am in zone 5 in Illinois also. Its good to see what does well for you. I will have to add that beauty to my list!

Sherry

o

Very nice and you must be happy to still get some bloom.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here