A few more last blooms today

Posted by nat4b 4 (My Page) on
Tue, Aug 19, 14 at 19:02

Saying goodbye to a few more today.
Light of the World
Well these are actually just scapes, because this happened
8.19 photo P8196643a_zps4d59dbdf.jpg

Here's the last bloom. It was on a rebloom scape with only 2 buds,
but both flowers were bigger (most of my flowers were quite small this year)
 photo P8196644_zps0fed9d57.jpg

Oh, here's the pic of LOTW from the beginning of the month that I wanted to share
 photo P8035393_zps45709bc8.jpg

Now a few more of the ones with several buds left:
One of my first daylilies, spidery noid
 photo P8196648_zps0f3c6632.jpg

For the third day in a row no tangled flowers on SIASL!
 photo P8196651_zpsbb7992e0.jpg

Newest noid with some walnut damage
 photo P8196652_zpsdde2bd8f.jpg

Final Touch
 photo P8196656_zps3e35d884.jpg

Russian Destiny
 photo P8196657_zps9edacfe5.jpg

Cannot get the true color, here's a washed out close-up
 photo P8196658_zps0f85ae7d.jpg

Undercurrent LFO
 photo P8196661_zps802178b7.jpg

Eyes on the Prize reblooming
 photo P8196663_zpsce019f4f.jpg

Sea Dragon on rebloom. I don't think it ever rebloomed here before.
But now the flowers are really in the foliage, way down. This is the first rebloom
 photo P8196664_zps07c3a69d.jpg

40 days - unfortunately the scape is leaning. Almost half way down now. It's a rebloom scape
 photo P8196665_zps58f412ed.jpg

JKO
@mantis - It is the registered height here. I never even thought of that :)
Measured today. Original scapes 28, rebloom 25. I have its kid - American Doll,
I believe both planted at the same time, and it's a 4 bud wonder here :)
 photo P8196667_zps755f1fc0.jpg

I don't think I ever posted this one this year -
Sweet Sugar Candy
 photo P8196670_zpsd0be8fce.jpg

Here's the last Hyperion - very good this year.
Behind it is Flying Carpet, everything's ok this year, except the blooms are so small
 photo P8196674_zps3152e98c.jpg

And I'll close with this guy (or girl :))
 photo P8196675a_zps15e0bb85.jpg

TFL!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A few more last blooms today

You have lots of nice daylilies still blooming. I really like both your NOIDs, although my very favorite daylily is probably SIASL. What a great looking squirrel. looks like he's enjoying those walnuts that are messing up your new NOID, although I didn't spot any damage. Those blooms look perfect.

o

you still have some very pretty blooms, Love them purples.Got cats in my yard roaming so don't see squirrels no more here.Got Pesty raccoons instead that I wish would find some where else to go. They destroy everyt hing.

jean

o

You grow some big squirrels--look at that tail and those big feet. You have some very nice NOIDS--especially the pink with the big yellow eyezone. Surely someone can help. Good to know that JKO is vigorous and thriving with you.

o

Light of the World makes a very impressive clump. It's funny but everytime you post I seem to enjoy your Noids best of all....lol. I do like your new light pink one with the ruffled edges. Your squirrel is cute. We have tons of gray squirrels raiding the bird feeders all winter but I don't see them as much in the summer. The red squirrels are more shy and smaller. They never get inside the bird feeders and prefer to eat the seeds that fall in the snow. It is sad that our blooms are winding down. I always hate when every day you go out and there is less and less to see. Things have really slowed on the forum too. I'm glad we have our pictures still.

Celeste

o

SIASL is my favorite of the group, followed closely by your pink NOID. The squirrel sure is big.....the size of those front paws is amazing. Must be the walnuts he's eating. :-)

Linda

o

You have some really lovey NOIDs, and Light of the World made a very pretty clumps. That squirrel looks quite well fed.

kay

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here