Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
maximus7116

Best of the Last Week

maximus7116
10 years ago

Everything is seriously winding down here, but these are the best from the last week:

INTEGRATED LOGISTICS has been great this year. No pinching on this one, but darker color after a cool night:

Last bloom from HIGH WATER MARK, also looking much darker after cool night temps:

ORANGE VELVET, a welcome late here, is still giving me a few blooms:

SWALLOW TAIL KITE looks almost unrecognizable after a cool night:

Another shot of CHATEAU BELAIR, just to show off the number of buds. This was a new plant last year, so I'm thrilled:

AS THE WORLD TURNS, one of the latest to bloom here, is loaded with buds:

Comments (16)

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

It's amazing what cool nights will do to colors. Chateau Belair is lovely. Is it reasonably sunfast?

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    10 years ago

CB is very sun fast. I just checked on it and it looks great, although I don't think the temps were over 75 today.

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

It must be nice to have cool nights. Along about October that wll happen here.

You have so many buds on some of those, you'll have blooms for a while yet.

High Water Mark is my favorite, it is a beautiful bloom. they are all lovely, however.
    kay

• marricgardens
    10 years ago

You have a nice group of daylilies there. Chateau Belair is very nice especially with the rain drops on it. As The World Turns is my next choice. I like the white midribs and the white pencil edge on it. I see they are both packed with buds. Marg

• Waitforspring
    10 years ago

Since I like every one of them I'm picking As the World Turns because of the amazing number of buds.
    Val

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

They are all very pretty blooms, but I think my favorite of these is SWALLOW TAIL KITE.

jean

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, everyone. The cooler nights have been great, except for getting those daylilies to open in early morning.

As the World Turns is listed as an EM, but has always been one of the last daylilies to bloom here. It was planted in 2009, so I think it's had plenty of time to settle in and is just going to bloom on its own time here.

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Chris, IL and CB will have to be my picks. It must be nice to have so many buds still. They are all beautiful though. Ellie

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, Ellie. Where've you been?! Yes, the load of buds on a few plants makes up for all the brown scapes this time of year.

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Lovely daylilies and my favorite is As the World Turns, pretty and so many buds! How nice that it decided to be a late one in your garden.

• growgirl
    10 years ago

This is a nice combination of daylilies. ATWT is my favorite as well with those white midribs and buds. Yet another one I will have to check out :) TFS!

• deangreen
    10 years ago

my fave is high water mark! really nice

• Julia WV (6b)
    10 years ago

I also like HIGH WATER MARK and definitely not lilac as described by Judy but still a "looker".

Julia

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Most of the blooms on High Water Mark have been more lilac, but the cooler temps recently made quite a change in the color (same with Swallow Tail Kite).

• shive
    10 years ago

Integrated Logistics is my favorite, but I'm really impressed with all those buds on As the World Turns.

Debra

• maximus7116
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Debra, IL has been great this year. I wish I could get a better photo of ATWT. This one doesn't do it justice.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting