Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

Today's Blooms

organic_kitten
11 years ago

Several of the reblooming plants had pretty blooms today.

Man of Sorrows ...this one had rebloomed and had bloomed out. Then it puts up an almost, but not quite instant...well re-rebloom I guess it was.

Ballerina Beautiful:

Golly Galore: not a very pretty bloom, but this one has put up another rebloom scape.

The pink Carpenter looking NOID is reblooming:

Fernstone:

And Don Juan roses are looking pretty good:

I have been remiss in posting, but I suspect there has to be some feeling of enough already out there! Anyway, if you want to see them, here are a few that have been blooming:

of course, Bear Claws: picture Way up in the day

a little earlier but in full sun:

Golly Galore:

Just For Mimi:

All America Windmill...STILL blooming:

Cinco de Mayo - put up yet another scape:

Rocket Booster is finally through blooming again:

Paul Owens seedling:

last of Moses in the Bullrushes:

Impressionistic:

Blueberry Breakfast:

I didn't even get a good shot of Big Red Combo. But it bloomed nicely.

Jolly lassie has put up a couple of rebloom scapes, and that makes 100 to rebloom! Several more have added scapes (Cinco de Mayo, Golly Galore, Man of sorrows), so it is like a non ending season. It started April 17th, and continues. Ah well...be careful what you ask for...

kay

Comments (14)

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

LOVE IT!!!!! FERNSTONE is a beauty as is all of them.
    Thanks for posting. I never get tired of seeing blooms. I've not taken the camera out in weeks to photograph any blooms as I've been too busy, as is everyone else, so I guess I shouldn't use that as an excuse LOL.

Julia

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Man of Sorrows, Ballerina Beautiful, Fernstone--such intense color on rebloom. Maybe being a bit cooler adds to the intensity.

• celeste/NH
    11 years ago

Oh my gosh...those are all reblooms? They look picture-perfect! And how to pick a standout among all these beauties? You know I love Golly Galore that's for sure but I also can never get enough of Bear Claws. WOW. And that Paul Owen seedling is wonderful with that great color and eyezone! He never registered it? I sure would have bought it. Man of Sorrows and Fernstone have remarkable color and are also favorites. But any one of these is truly gorgeous and I thank you for showing them to us.

Celeste

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

I have been on reblooms for a while now. thanks Julia. The reds and oranges are really vibrant. Mantis, my rebloom has been prettier than the initial bloom on a good many. the unusually cool weather early in season wreaked havoc. Also, the extreme heat that followed wasn't good either. We have actually had a few well spaced rains lately, and the blooms are loving it.

I haven't forgotten you, Celeste. The silly plant has put up another bloom spike on the other side, so it will be a few days still. Thanks all for looking at them and making such nce comments.
    kay

• mizellie
    11 years ago

Kay, it's unbelievable that you have so many blooms still.. I dn't have a fav as I like them all...Ellie

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

Wow, KAYjean

• houstmag
    11 years ago

WOW!!! congrats on all your rebloom all are beauties I have to try really hard to pick favorites but Man Of Sorrows and Fernstone I think are tied for my favorites.
    Linda

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Ellie, I went outside today, and Colorado Moonstone has put up two scapes again! Ths is round four.

Jean, there are 300 plus or minus 4 or 5. I love the red ones. We had no trouble because Isaac decided to come your way. Stay safe.

thanks Linda, those two are favorites of mine.

Thanks you all for looking and commenting.
    kay

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

Wow, you still have blooms? They look great! I'm impressed.

I just have five that are still blooming, with only Beautiful Edgings having a decent looking flower.

Cerise Masterpiece just sent up its very first scape. One diploid proliferation is sending up a scape, too. I was hoping for rain this week, but earlier predictions have fizzled out. The daylilies are so stressed now, I will probably cut off all scapes this weekend.

Nancy

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

Can't believe how much rebloom you have! And they all look so good. My favorites are MAN OF SORROWS and FERN STONE.
    Val

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

BEAR cLAWS is that other one I like so well, kay, its a beauty.I am glad you didnt have no damage during the hurricane. I been watching the weather channel all day, and others didnt do so well with it, so much rain and floods and destrution.

Jean

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

What a great group, Kay. I am impressed by all of them. Looks like quite a rebloom season for you, too. Avedon

• susansconi
    11 years ago

Wow, all of these are so beautiful, and on rebloom! Man Of Sorrows, All American Windmill, and Cinco De Mayo are the ones that really catch my eye. I'm so happy to see Man Of Sorrows with such great performance as I just received a four fan clump as a gift plant! Can't wait to see those blooms in person- your pics are gorgeous!

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Gosh kay, they all look great but Man of Sorrows looks stunning!