Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
organic_kitten

I said I wasn't buying anything new...then I went to the Lily Auc

organic_kitten
9 years ago

I got two that were on my list, long term, and the were 20.01 and 20 respectively. Neon Flamingo and Black Falcon Ritual. I am pretty pleased about it actually.
kay

Comments (11)

• njmomma
    9 years ago

I had to google a pic of Neon and it's gorgeous - both are!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nancy, Floota had it for one of her picks in last years contest, and I have wanted it since she posted photos of it. that color! Anyway I placed bids on them and no one else bid! Feel like it was a great deal.

kay

• opnjmprs
    9 years ago

The only way I can avoid buying on the LA is to not go to the LA site. Any time I go there, I end up buying something. I think you'll love Neon Flamingo the blooms look just like the pictures......breathtaking shocking pink.
    You got a good deal on the price too. Congrats!

Linda

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    9 years ago

Kay, who did you buy them from? I ve purchased from Blue Ridge on the auction and just who else youve been happy with.

Sherry

• shive
    9 years ago

Kay - Congrats on your buys. I think you will love Black Falcon Ritual. I've been influenced by those Hanson photos Maximus has been posting. I won Cobraskin Necktie tonight from Daylily99. She is a seller I highly recommend, having bought from her this spring and in years past.

Debra

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Glad to enable you, Debra. I've been looking at Neon Flamingo for a while but missed it on the LA. Lucky you, Kay!

• Nancy
    9 years ago

Congratulations Kay! I've admired Black Falcon Ritual for a long time too, I didn't remember Neon Flamingo so had to look it up. If it looks like that in person, the name fits doesn't it? Really nice. I've never checked out the LA, I'm afraid to go there, really can't afford to buy a lot & I know I would be broke soon! Cobraskin Necktie is one I've liked too, Debra, I'm looking forward to photos next year on all these!

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well, Nancy, t is easy to get carried away on the auction. I will decide what I will spend on any item and quit if it goes over. My problem is I look to see what else they have...As I said, this is a time when only a few people are bidding, so I got the ones I wanted at a good price. I won't bid against anyone else on the forum if I notice the name, but I need very little. I saw some tempting ones yesterday. The auction can be dangerous, that's true.
    kay

• nat4b
    9 years ago

Nice picks and good prices! Like Ngraham, I'm afraid to go on the auction. Maybe I am missing out on some pretties (and good deals). But I actually can't get any more until I get rid of some, and I can't part with anything it seems :)

• gardenofeden777
    9 years ago

That's awesome Kay, those are pretty. Yeah, I know I said the same thing. But... I bought Little Rainbow last year and oh my gosh... the beauty of it! Now I'm on a polychrome hunt. Just bought ANGELIQUE FRINGES 10 fans! Woohoo an instant clump.

NEON FLAMINGO is on my list too, but has taken a back seat to the polychromes for the moment.

It's so dang hard to just "window shop" on the LA. I was doing so good then the wagon hit a bump and I fell off!

Any polychromes that you've seen that you think are beautiful and I should add Kay? I do have some hard dormants and they do fine here.

Congrats on your 2 new plants, can't wait to see your pics when they bloom!

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

LOL Kay, but you picked some nice ones. BLACK FALCON RITUAL is a favorite here. Always has perfect openings and well placed.
    Looking forward to seeing pics of NEON FLAMINGO next season ;-).

Julia