Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Barbara Mitchell

Posted by jodikay mn z4a (My Page) on
Thu, Aug 16, 12 at 19:22

I have been bitten by the daylily bug but thankfully its winding down here as I ignore the sales and stay home - ha, who am I kidding! Here is Barbara Mitchell, very lovely, very happy I picked her up. I only have few others blooming, one called Siloam double fringe but wonder if its not Joan Siloam - a real trooper this year, and Blace Eyed Stella. Yes, couldn't resist, I also picked up the Duke of Earl and Nanuq, both won't bloom this year. Quite excited to see the Duke bloom next year. Thanks to all you enablers and I expect soon I will have time to look at all the pictures.

Jodi

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Barbara Mitchell

After decades, still turns heads. Were you affected severely by the drought?

o

mantis - luckily we did not have severe drought here. we had an extremely wet june. july was extremely hot and humid, had to water some then. so far august had been perfect but we could use some rain. temps have been cooler which brings to mind fall. not quite ready for that.

were you in the drought?

Jodi

o

Well, June was definitely not wet. We had moderate drought here--not like further west. I am glad to leave behind the heat of summer--really ruins the daylily season. Got really tired of watering and can only imagine what worse areas experienced.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here