Paul Owens Seedling (another one that's leaving:

Hard Times:

Purple Honey Creeper:

Dixie Rhythm:

kay

Comments (7)

• mizellie
    10 years ago

Wow Kay. I don't have 1 bloom. I do have scapes coming on . I love Ledgewoods Jumpstart. Sc Eye For Passion looks great with the Zinnias. Ellie

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

you still have some beauties, blooming. Moses In The Bullrushes: is pretty. Whats wrong with the seedling?I think its veery pretty., jean

• nat4b
    10 years ago

They look beautiful! Love the first three the most.
    I too am interested why the seedling is leaving.

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Truly lovely pic of Eye for Passion. But all the pics look vibrantly colored.

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

What a great group, especially this late in the season. That photo of SC Eye for Passion is a beauty. You couldn't have matched the zinnia color better.

• shive
    10 years ago

Ellie wrote the same message I had in mind. So ditto what she said about Ledgewoods Jumpstart and SC Eye for Passion and the zinnias. That's a nice group for so late in the season. I still have seven blooming today, and two with scapes on the way.

Debra

• organic_kitten
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thank you all for looking and commenting. Today, I found rebloom scape number 83...just 20 less than last year. Walter Kennedy has decided to rebloom. It has to be all the rain.

Well, you will be having blooms soon then, Ellie. About the seedling, Nat4b and Jean. There is nothing wrong with the sedling, it is a good bloomer and rebloomer, but I don't love it and I am downsizing...or at least I am not upsizing any more.

The ones blooming are winding down though...finally! This is almost the last bloom on Jumpstart; and they have all been perfect. Even the slugs didn't bother it. Total accident on the colors of the zinnia and Eye For Passion. The zinnias are volunteers. I think at least a few of them are bird assisted plantings.

Mantis, that is a nice compliment form an accomplished photographer, thank you.

Debra, I am not getting up every day at 6:00 AM anymore. I may miss a few shots, but it is time to be doing other yardwork, not picture taking. I showed my husband the photo of that seedling of yours I have been going on about and he agreed it was very pretty. If I had seedlings like that, I wouldn't worry about rebloom.

kay

Sponsored
Ramos Timber
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Westerville's Top Craftsman & Exceptional Quality Tile & Stone