Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sherrygirl5

new lily auction order today! best ever!

Got an order from the Lily Auction today! OMG! Could not believe the size and freshness of the plants I got. Ordered from Bnich. If you havent ordered from them I think you may be missing out!

Sherry

Comments (17)

• avedon_gw
    9 years ago

I have seven plants from Bnich that will arrive in the fall, can hardly wait, and your description of the plants you received makes me very happy, for I am sure I will have the same. I really like doing business with Bonnie, this is the first time, and it's been a real pleasure. Avedon

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I just ordered more plants tonight through her website Oak Hill daylilies. I sent an email about availability this evening and got a response already. Was sent a Paypal invoice atlong with my reply. She is digging and shipping my plants next week! I will post a follow-up when i get the net batch!

Happy camper, Sherry

• lemonthyme5
    9 years ago

I just bought from Bonnie directly. Her own website has 30% off right now. I can't remember till what date, though. I bought Gossard's Wolverine...it was "happy birthday to me!" At least it was on sale! I am about 90 miles from her, so I plan to go over to their garden next spring.

This post was edited by lemonthyme5 on Sat, Aug 30, 14 at 12:14

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

wow, cant wait till next spring to see them new blooms.Aint it fun to get new daylilies to plant.

jean

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jean, you betcha! I have done alot of that this season and have 4 more coming. Gotta stop now, they need to establish before it gets too cold. Wow, bummer thinking about cold.

Sherry

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Lemonthyme, gotta check out what you ordered, so many to pick from there.

Sherry

• lemonthyme5
    9 years ago

I ordered:

Alexa Kathryn
    Black Twisty
    Bourbon Street
    Victorian Lace
    Saber Tooth Tiger
    Thin Man
    Toothy Grin
    Wild Child
    Wolverine

I too, am trying to hold back and not order any more... I just checked --Bonnie's sale goes to 9/12. I just checked this morning and all the plants have already new growth on them. Yay for a few late summer showers!

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I was kind of conservative on lily auction. Got Laura Harwood, Orchid Corsage and Peacock Maiden. Have to stay on my budget right now. My favorites from your list are Bourbon Street and Victorian Lace. The toothy ones are growing on me. I am waiting for Bark at Me, Happy Apache and Beaufort Slim Pitkins. Got bark at me as a tribute to my dogs!

Sherry

This post was edited by sherrygirl on Sat, Aug 30, 14 at 21:27

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Sherry, the lily auction is a wonderful place to get plants at good prices. I "won" White Eyes Pink Dragon from Bnich yesterday, and I am very happy about it. she sends good plants, and her bonus is extra fans if available, my favorite bonus. congratulations on your plants. Don't do what I do...get bored, go on the auction with no intention to buy, and see one I have been dying to get...oh well, a bid won't hurt....just one. un-huh. Can't wait to see photos....Laura Harwood is a beauty, you will love it. I had it new this year.
    kay

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Kay, know what you mean about "just looking". Got myself in trouble twice doing that this summer. I have bought from 4 different sellers on the auction so far. Bnich is definitely my favorite so far with blue Ridge a close second. The other 2, well, I have to let next season tell me what the verdict is. Such a variety available, its great! Still have 8 stellas in my yard. Started the season with about 15. Gotta make room for my new beauties.

Sherry

• avedon_gw
    9 years ago

I also "won" three from Bonnie on the LA--Sunny Intervals, Lillian's Crazy Arms and Stealth Bomber. Then I decided I needed more, so I ordered from the summer sale--Ada May Musick, Katherine Caldwell, Springfield Clan, Stargate Portal and Wild and Wonderful. I had to get Stargate Portal after I saw the beautiful pictures Celeste posted of it. Wild and Wonderful is listed as Sold Out, but Bonnie went out and checked and said she had one DF she could sell to me. She is just so accommodating, a great person to deal with. I agree with you about her and Bob Selman, both so good to do business with. Avedon

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Wow, Avedon, you went a little crazy LOL! Never too many daylilies, i will have to check out your new selections. Just wish I had more room : (

Sherry

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    9 years ago

BTW, Kay, White eyes Pink Dragon is a stunner. That went on my list!

Sherry

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Sherry, My beds kept growing as I added daylilies. I am trying to downsize a little, but it isn't happening. WEPD was a good buy like the other two I had lusted after, so I am happy to get them. Keep on, you'll be surprised how quickly you will discover room. eight Stellas? Oh yeah, you have space. You will soon be down to two most likely. My last one went four or five years ago.

• avedon_gw
    9 years ago

Our new DLS will have plenty of spaces to choose from. We have people coming in tomorrow to dig out a bunch of our old daylilies. We are eliminating most duplicates and just any we don't like. Really looking forward to all new ones. We will also be getting Crazy Miss Daisy, Orange Spice, Lillian's Thin Ice, and Dragonfly Dawn from a seller in Florida. I love planting in fall, for the DLS usually have time to establish before winter, and then they do very well when the new season starts.

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Avedon, i have done alot of removal myself this season. As Kay says, i still have 8 stellas to take care of! Happy planting! I hope we both have good results next season. Cant wait to see all of the pictures next season!

Sherry

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Got my second order today from bnich, oak hill daylilies, just as nice as my first order!

Sherry

Sponsored
Cumberland Custom Homes
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
Northern Virginia's Green Residential Builder & Renovator