Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New Additions - IV Edition

Posted by hostabuff Zone 6a MA (My Page) on
Mon, Aug 11, 14 at 20:53

Some additional new additions - beautiful centers with a splash of color....

Viva Pinata
Viva Pinata photo VivaPinata.jpg

Celebration of Angels
Celebratio of Angels photo CelebrationofAngels.jpg

Patricia Snyder Memorial
Patricia Snyder Memorial photo DSC_0752.jpg

Fun Coneflowers
 photo DoubleDelightCranberry.jpg

Blue Mouse Ears - the flower is perfectly proportioned with the size of the plant. One of the few hosta where I look forward to the blooms.
Bule Mouse Ears photo BlueMouseEars.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New Additions - IV Edition

I have and love PSM, but I'm really drawn to Viva Pinata. Is it listed as a white or pale yellow self? Either way, I love it.

o

Viva Pinata is my favorite! Hosta looks great.

o

Celebration of Angels is one of my all-time favorites, and your picture does her justice. The chartreuse hosta in the background picks up the bright green COA throat.

Thanks for the information about Blue Mouse Ears as well.

o

I always like Patricia Snyder Mem whenever I see it, but I love Viva Pinata. Don't think I've seen that one before. Your hosta is lovely, I have/had it in my garden. I don't keep up with my hosta much, either a bigger plant is overshadowing it, or I lost it overwinter.

o

I just noticed in the line about your hosta that it's the only one you look forward to blooming. I thought I was the only one that preferred hostas naked. I prefer to cut off the flower stems before blooming, but will occasionally leave some of the white flowers.

o

Everyone's PSM looks whiter than mine. Is it my soil or do pictures make it look less yellow? I like mine anyway but do wish it was whiter.

o

Anyone with experiences with Viva Pinata in cold zones? A friend in zone 5 said it did not grow well for him.

o

PSM looks so pretty that I may have to find that one and add it to the garden. That splash of color in the center is really eye catching.

mantis, I've had Viva Pinata for some years now, and it has done well for me. All my Gossard DL's need to be divided right now, because they are pretty vigorous and are crowding each other.

Linda

o

Very pretty daylilies.And have never seen VIVA PINATA before,I have CELEBRATION OF ANGELS, too and love it. the hosta, MOUSE EARS, is very pretty with the blue flowers.I usually just cut flowers stams off of the hosta's as I don't like the flowers on the, but, this one is very pretty.Thanks for posting it.I may have to have MOUSE EARS one day.I have SUM AND SUBSTANCE and it gets huge, but,I don't like the flowers on it.

jean

o

Patricia Snider Memorial and Viva Pinata look wonderful!

o

Thanks for the feedback.
Chris, Viva Pinata is listed as a yellow. It's a very nice soft yellow like the picture. I really don't like hosta flowers - especially the lilac ones - and cut them off.
jkayd - I really have been growing PSM for two years. Over that time the flower consistently blooms the color you see above.

o

I love Blue Mouse Ears and have several clumps of it. It multiplies really quickly for me - I've given away a few pieces to friends and family too. I have Mighty Mouse also and really like that as well. Viva Pinata is one I saw recently somewhere on line and really admired the picture of... it's on my want list. Your picture of it is lovely.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here