Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Wednesday rebloomers and lates

Posted by shive 6b TN (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 13, 14 at 20:55

I have a few pretty ones reblooming this week.

SPACECOAST FRANCIS BUSBY opened well after a 59 degree night.

WONDER OF ALL took more than half the day to open properly. This is an evening shot.

JEANNE DEAVER'S DREAM, another early morning opener that has no problem with cooler nights.

WINTER TREASURE has been reblooming for a few days.

BELLA SERA started reblooming yesterday.

LAST CHANCE FOR ROMANCE is the latest of my late bloomers.

Debra

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Wednesday rebloomers and lates

Well, you still have some pretty ones, Debra. Jeanne DEaver's Dream is my pick. that is a beautiful bloom.
kay

o

You have to appreciate those daylilies that open after cooler nights, especially this year. SCFB is a stunning bloom. I'm not normally a fan of daylilies with gold edges, but on that daylily it looks perfect. I'm not surprised it took hours for Wonder of It All to open with those fancy edges. I love seeing photos of that one.

o

The profile shot really shows the ruffling, edge, eye detail, and texture of Busby.

This post was edited by mantis__oh on Thu, Aug 14, 14 at 6:45

o

You are getting some really pretty blooms that are so nice to see this late in the season. Love Jeanne, and it always seems to open so well for you. The Spacecoast one is so bright, looks so good & a great shot of it.

o

59, huh/ that's pretty cool for august. but it got down to 63 here just about unheard of for august.but, back to the 90's today.I was injoying them 80's for a few days. That JEANNE is a beautiful bloom.So glad you have a wonder of it all, blooming. sure wish I would have gotten rebloom on mine, but, not happening this year,I guess, unless it puts out a later rebloom scape. my Beautiful Edging is blooming today on its only rebloom scape,and it only has 6 buds on it,so will be short lived, but, I DID find a rebloom scape coming on BUTTERED POPCORN yesterday evening while watering everything.This kitten that has took up residence here,likes to run and play in between the daylilies, so I hope it don't break the scape off,since I only see the one scape.
BELLA SERA is really a pretty bloom, too. but, my favorite of these is Jeanne. That color is beautiful.

jean

o

Beautiful blooms. Sp Francis Busby looks perfect. I also like Jeanne Deaver's Dream.

o

Debra; You like pleated daylilies, Did you see the one Maryotts has on their site. PLEATED PUMPKIN,, pretty.

jean

o

Jean - I'll have to look for Pleated Pumpkin. Usually his applique eyes are what draw my attention.

Debra

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here