Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Wednesday rebloomers and lates

shive
9 years ago

I have a few pretty ones reblooming this week.

SPACECOAST FRANCIS BUSBY opened well after a 59 degree night.

WONDER OF ALL took more than half the day to open properly. This is an evening shot.

JEANNE DEAVER'S DREAM, another early morning opener that has no problem with cooler nights.

WINTER TREASURE has been reblooming for a few days.

BELLA SERA started reblooming yesterday.

LAST CHANCE FOR ROMANCE is the latest of my late bloomers.

Debra

Comments (8)

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Well, you still have some pretty ones, Debra. Jeanne DEaver's Dream is my pick. that is a beautiful bloom.
    kay

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

You have to appreciate those daylilies that open after cooler nights, especially this year. SCFB is a stunning bloom. I'm not normally a fan of daylilies with gold edges, but on that daylily it looks perfect. I'm not surprised it took hours for Wonder of It All to open with those fancy edges. I love seeing photos of that one.

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

The profile shot really shows the ruffling, edge, eye detail, and texture of Busby.

This post was edited by mantis__oh on Thu, Aug 14, 14 at 6:45

• Nancy
    9 years ago

You are getting some really pretty blooms that are so nice to see this late in the season. Love Jeanne, and it always seems to open so well for you. The Spacecoast one is so bright, looks so good & a great shot of it.

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

59, huh/ that's pretty cool for august. but it got down to 63 here just about unheard of for august.but, back to the 90's today.I was injoying them 80's for a few days. That JEANNE is a beautiful bloom.So glad you have a wonder of it all, blooming. sure wish I would have gotten rebloom on mine, but, not happening this year,I guess, unless it puts out a later rebloom scape. my Beautiful Edging is blooming today on its only rebloom scape,and it only has 6 buds on it,so will be short lived, but, I DID find a rebloom scape coming on BUTTERED POPCORN yesterday evening while watering everything.This kitten that has took up residence here,likes to run and play in between the daylilies, so I hope it don't break the scape off,since I only see the one scape.
    BELLA SERA is really a pretty bloom, too. but, my favorite of these is Jeanne. That color is beautiful.

jean

• nat4b
    9 years ago

Beautiful blooms. Sp Francis Busby looks perfect. I also like Jeanne Deaver's Dream.

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

Debra; You like pleated daylilies, Did you see the one Maryotts has on their site. PLEATED PUMPKIN,, pretty.

jean

• shive
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Jean - I'll have to look for Pleated Pumpkin. Usually his applique eyes are what draw my attention.

Debra

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz