Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shive_gw

Final Touch takes the bud lead and some reblooms

shive
9 years ago

FINAL TOUCH often bud builds, and this season it's doing a bang-up job of that. The best scape has gone from 17 buds to 34! On the best bud count thread, I had two others tied for Bud King at 31 buds.

ICE CREAM EMPEROR was a welcome face this week in the land of brown scapes. Two scapes offered a bit of rebloom.

JAY FARQUHAR started reblooming on Thursday.

ROSSEN'S TIARA got lighter after a week of temps in the mid 90s.

JEANNE DEAVER'S DREAM still reblooming this weekend.

The Trimmer seedling is still going.

TIFFANY SHADE had its last bloom on Thursday.

Seedling "Rubber Maid" blooming on a late emerging scape.

LAST CHANCE FOR ROMANCE just started blooming today. It would have begun earlier, but I broke two scapes with the hose. The bloom was mishapen and a bit chewed by bugs, so I didn't take a photo today. I'll try to get a shot of better bloom this week.

Debra

Comments (13)

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

There you go with that Trimmer seedling again! It sure looks like it's had consistently outstanding blooms. I really like the looks of Rossen's Tiara. It's a beautiful pink, even if it is lighter than normal.

• celeste/NH
    9 years ago

I just LOVE the Trimmer seedling! Such a bright, happy-looking flower. Don't you just hate it when you break a scape? I get so mad at myself when I get clumsy in the garden and snap off buds or scapes. Love those bud-builders....good to know Final Touch is one.

Celeste

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

I just love that ICE CREAM EMPEROR , it is so pretty. and
    ROSSEN'S TIARA is gorgeous, too. I found a rebloom scape on beautiful Edging a few days ago, too.Still none on wonder of it all.please post yours when it blooms>.

jean

• opnjmprs
    9 years ago

Does Dan Trimmer intend to register that seedling? I think he should consider it (JMO). That is one pretty daylily! I really like Rossen's Tiara, and Jeanne Deaver's Dream too.

Linda

• gwnichole
    9 years ago

I really like Jeanne Deaver's Dream. I've seen your other posts of her and she is BEAUTIFUL!

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

ROSSEN'S TIARA is a very pretty light colored pink, too.gorgeous, either way.

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

That Trimmer seedling is really nice. Tiffany shade is a nice one too. Final Touch is a nice one. I lost mine a couple years ago. I especially like the rich colors of Jay Farquhar and Jenny Deaver's Dream.
    kay

• shive
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks all for commenting!

Linda - Dan was still evalutating the seedling this seedling and sent it out to some customers by mistake. He said it would likely be a future intro. I think it should be. The bloom is large and very attractive, and the scapes have four-way branching.

Jean - I will post a photo of Wonder of All when it reblooms. I should have some blooms on it by the end of the week.

Debra

• nat4b
    9 years ago

Go Final Touch! I hope mine is building buds too because it has lower bud count this year.
    All pretty flowers here, and my favorite is Ice Cream Emperor.

• Nancy
    9 years ago

I'm liking the Trimmer seedling too, very nice! Jean Deaver's Dream is so pretty, I like that deep red & that edge, so very pretty. Final Touch is another one that really seems to do well for some people, it hated my garden. I tried it at least 3 times, wanting more late bloomers. The last time I bought it from a local daylily garden as a small clump, it did nicely first year, so so the 2nd year, & didn't return for the 3rd. Indian Giver was the same way, I won't try them again but I'll enjoy others' photos.

• shive
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Nancy - How strange that Final Touch did so poorly for you. This is the first year I've had a lot of scapes. The previous years I had 5-8 fans, but only two to three scapes. This year all the fans scaped.

Debra

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

I think this was your first pic this year of Rubber Maid. What is its size again? Rossen's Tiara is indeed beautiful. Are scape height and bud count good?

• shive
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Mantis - Rubber Maid is growing in too much shade now. That coupled with the dry months of May and June resulted in a shorter plant than usual with smaller blooms. They were around 5 inches this year. In the past, they've been about 6 inches. Since Rubber Maid is not an early morning opener, I didn't get many good photos of it this year. By the time it was open flat, it was in the sun and most of the photos were blown out and didn't show its color. I couldn't find my notes with its past bloom size. Rossen's Tiara arrived in June with the scapes cut off, so these are rebloom scapes - not the normal height or bud count.

Debra