Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jean_ar

Fridays pictures

jean_ar
11 years ago

BTook this one a few days ago, then forgot about it.

These little zinnias just bloom and bloom and keep spreading, too.

sad day, as this is last one, unless it puts up another rebloom scape.

beautiful edgings is finished, and CONDILLA has moew blooms and more rebloom scapes, too, and I found a rebloom scape on EBONY POOLS this afternoon, only 3 buds on it, but, it is reblooming.

HOORAY./

jean

Comments (14)

• mizellie
    11 years ago

Jean, I hate to see Pandora's Treasure go. It's soooo pretty..Ellie

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    11 years ago

The way this season is going we just might have scapes popping up until Halloween. I really like your Beautiful Edgings and am so glad that you have a bloom on it still. The others are pretty too, and who could not like the zinnias. .....Maryl

• Nancy Barginear
    11 years ago

Wow, Jean, Pandora's Treasure sure looks good for the end of the season. I love Beautiful Edgings. That cultivar is a blooming miracle. It hasn't stopped blooming since it first began months ago. Has anyone converted it to tet?

Nancy

• shive
    11 years ago

Jean - Lovely last blooms. Beautiful Edgings has been a blooming machine for you and so many others this year.

Debra

• Nancy
    11 years ago

Lovely blooms Jean! I don't have anything blooming right now, although I found a scape on Siloam Virginia Henson which isn't supposed to rebloom.

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Your zinnias are very pretty. And those daylilies all look good. Honestly it is so depressing when the blooms end for the year.

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

I half expected to see WONDER OF IT ALL blooming again in your post. LOL. I've never seen/heard of mini zinnias. Interesting.

Enjoy what's left of your season.

Julia

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

Nice to see that BEAUTIFUL EDGINGS is still blooming for you. It's such a great plant.
    Val

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for looking and the very nice comments on them.JULIAJean

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Your zinnias look healthy. Pandora's Treasure also looks good. Here, the substance has not been the greatest, but haven't had it for that many years.

• gardenofeden777
    11 years ago

Beautiful blossoms Jean! Excellent to see which ones bloom really late!

Jean in pic 2 could you please tell me the name of the weed that is in that pic? They have sprouted by the hundreds in my garden.For 8 weeks now we have been getting rain every few days and the flowers love it but the weeds grow faster than my plants!! That weed is driving me nuts! I would love to spray it with something, any suggestions? My problem is I have been redoing 3 beds and I didn't want to mulch until I was totally done. Hence hundreds and hundreds of that particular weed. And they have the most devilish roots. Horrible I say. Well I'm delirious so before I say something that make no sense I'm going to bed. Goodnite! Or good morning! lol

Rena'

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Hooray!!! for your reblooms Beautiful Edgings is beautiful as always and Pandora's Treasure is just stunning and my favorite.
    Linda

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Jen,
    Yur Pandora's Box has been magnificent this year. Lovely photo of it.
    kay

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you all for the comments.
    RENA. I have no idea what that weeds name is but they come up by the thousands here, too.The only way to get a handle on them is to pull them up before they drop them seens thats on the underneath side of the leaves.Guess you could also spray some weed killer on them, if you can do it without getting it on your good plants. They are very easy to pull up, but they some times take a lot of soil with it as the roots spread so far.I pull up a hand full almost every time I go out to water.

jean