Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jean_ar

Finally, some liquid Gold.

jean_ar
11 years ago

Thought I would let every one know that I have finally got some rain today.it only sprinkled all day, but, at least I did get some rain and it was a lot cooler today, too.which is a plus, too.We didnt get the heavy rain like was forecasted, but, it sprinkled all day.I was just overjoyed to finally see some rain here.I am hoping we get some more of it before its all said and done with this storm that done so much damage down south.So much rain down there with the rest of the country begging for rain just dont seem fair, but, nothing can be done about it.

Jean

Comments (11)

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

I was hoping you were finally getting some rain, Jean. what part of the state are you located?
    kay

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

South Central, Kay, 16 miles from Louisiana border..No rain today at all and I was really hoping for some today, too.The sun has been shining all day and its hot and humid out again.

jean

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

Good grief, Jean. It looks as if you could have gotten a little bit of all that rain that Isaac put out. We got very little, but had been getting some along. i hope you get some more of it.
    kay

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Kay. I hope so, too. I kept hoping and praying that Issac would come this way and give us some of that rain, then it comes, but, still no rain except for sprinkling all day. I was sure hoping for much more then that.But, maybe soon we will get rain here too, more then a sprinkle.but, a sprinkle IS better then nothing at all.

Jean

• gardenofeden777
    11 years ago

Hi Jean, wow you are closer to me than I realized. I don't know why but I figured you lived somewhere near Conway or Little Rock. Seeing zone 8 was the tip off that you had to be way south in AR. I used to live in Conway and still have family there. Most of my family lives in Monroe, LA. My Mom has 7 brothers and sisters and my Dad also has 7 bros. & sis.
    and most live in north LA. Only 2 of the 14 lives out of state and that would be one of my moms sisters. And she lives in Greenbriar, AR. And one of my Dad's sisters lives in Conway.

And quite a few years back me, my Mom and my kids went to Crosset AR. You know that little free zoo and park there?
    Well let me tell you we got more than we bargained for, when we got in our vehicle to leave I looked down and we were all covered in seed ticks! Oh my gosh we were hopping all over swatting at our clothes trying to get the ticks off. Haven't been back to that free zoo again, that's for sure! A free zoo with free ticks! lol

Now that I realize that you are so close it really is baffling that you have had so little rain. Here in Trout LA
    zip 71371 we have had rain every few days since mid - late May. Too much for all the newly planted daylilies and Iris I'll tell you that. Wish I could send some your way. And Monroe has been getting a lot too. My goodness, time to get down with the rain dance Jean! lol

Rena'

• avedon_gw
    11 years ago

Hi, Jean, sorry it took so long to send you a message. I was so hoping that Isaac would send lots of rain your way, hope you did get more than a sprinkle. We were told initially that we could expect 3-6" of rain, but I have come to doubt anything these weather people say, and of course, we didn't get much, but .37" is better than nothing.
    Last Monday my mother was hospitalized with high blood pressure and a drug she was given had bad side effects. I have been very worried, but now it looks as if she will be okay, just kept in the hospital for awhile to make sure.
    I should be back on the Forum now and I am going to put up a new post today. Let us know just how much rain, if any, you got. I knew you had to be in south Arkansas because of the Zone 8. Avedon

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

RENA:Thanks for commenting. Yea, I been at that Free zoo only once years ago, when a daughter asked me if i wanted to come along with her to take her oldest son, thats now grown there to see the animals..I didnt know they even had a zoo there.,that was over 20 years ago.I did injoy the day there and we didnt get ticks on us. I have been through Conway a few times, years ago, too..I have never even heard of TROUT, La.Where bouts is it located at? I laughed at the Rain Dance comment, and have thought several times I would even try the rain dance if I thought it would bring rain here.Weather channel says a chance for showers today and again wednesday through friday of next week, and I thought sure we will :))

AVEDON sorry to hear about your mom and the blood pressure medicine.Some of these prescription drugs can sure do a person in some times. I am allergic to almost every prescription drug I have took, but, not my blood pressure medicine.I was put on all kinds of arthuritis medicine and was allergic to all of them, and when I had pneumonia back in feburary. I was allergic to the antibiotic med. I was put on and it had my throat nearly swollen shut, and I stopped taking it after the first dose,and dr said I was lucky I stopped it and took no more, then was prescribed a different one that ended up being $ 400. for a 10 day supply and I couldnt afford that one, but, a daughter went and got it, saying I have to have it so she paid for it for me,and I could take it ok
    Well, we sure didnt get hardly any rain here with ISAAC, but, maybe will get a good rain soon.I hope so.

Jean

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Hmmm. We are getting lots of humidity, but so far not much rain. At least, it's cloudy, but very uncomfortable weather to weed (or do anything outside).

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

It sure don't seem right that you couldn't get a decent rain from leftovers of Isaac. I know you really need it.

• jean_ar
    Original Author
    11 years ago

MANTIS.ITS VERY UNCONFORTABLE HERE TOO, GOT TO 93 TODAY, BUT WITH THE HUMIDITY they said it feels like 101 and I agree with that,as it was very hot and humid out.I will have to go out and water again tomorrow,as the pots are dry and needing a drink again.I repotted 2 daylilies this afternoon on the porch and was sweating, big time to get it done.I had a little tiny plant,I Moved up to a gallon pot as it was in a 5 inch pot and another one I had in a gallon pot and moved it up to a 2 1/2 gallon pot and I watered them good when zi finished them, then had to come back in as it was just too hot out there.
    RITAHow have you been doing Rita, you not on the forum much lately.Guess you are still digging and moving plants around.

jean

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

It was hot and humid on Friday here with temps hitting 90 but then Saturday we dropped down to high 70's and today, we are heading back into the lower 80's. Still a breeze. Hoping for some rain, aka liquid gold, here.

Julia