Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
nat4b

Today's blooms

nat4b
9 years ago

Since I uploaded them to PB I might as well post today :)

Once again I planted two similar looking together - don't want to disturb either
Carnival in Brazil

and Man of Sorrows

And yet another two very similar growing next to each other - why I do it? :)
Chris Salter LFO

Wren's Song. At least there is a big difference in height ;)

Francis of Assisi

Set Free

Two last blooms on Party Pinafore

Better opened flower of The Band Played On on rebloom

Zuni Thunderbird

late noid I call midrib - I never once watered this bed this year - bad me

Kayleigh Cobb - one of my tallest daylilies at 43". Guess where it is planted?
Why front of the border of course ;) I mean to move every year but..

TFL!

Comments (12)

• statmam
    9 years ago

The two blooms on Party Pinafore look quite different from each other! My PP always looks like the second pic.

Hard to choose today between the curls on Zuni Thunderbird and the lushness that is Francis of Assisi. Call it a tie.

• Nancy
    9 years ago

So many nice daylilies! I really like Zuni Thunderbird, Man of Sorrows always attracts my attention too. But then you have that wonderful clump of Francis, I would have to pick that one I think. Just beautiful!
    You sound a lot like me. I have 2 planted together, took me all season one year to realize they were 2 different plants, I had them planted so close together for some reason. I've been meaning to move them apart at least 2 years, maybe this year I'll do it. I have several tall ones that need to be moved to the back, but I'm not taking the blame for that. I planted them according to the height they were supposed to get. Not like everything gets tall in my garden, I have some short ones right in the middle where you can barely see them. I'm working on that, but I'll be peeved if they grow their registered height next year.

• nat4b
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks Statmam, yes 2 PP blooms looked different that's why I decided to post both. Mine looks more like the first one, only occasionally like 2nd - I prefer 2nd look.

Thanks Nancy, I found a garden twin! :) That's exactly what I did - planted them according to their registered heights. It happens a lot here. Also I was a big 'mover' when I first started, moving them here and there with no problems. But since 2012 every time I move / divide - transplant they sulk. So now I am very cautious about that.

Francis of Assisi tends to bloom in the foliage for a lot of people, mine too, maybe just barely slightly above this year, I still like it! Many blooms this year (and previous years too).

• maximus7116
    9 years ago

Terrific clump shot of Francis, and I love Man of Sorrows.

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    9 years ago

Man of Sorrows is my favorite and Carnival in Brazil looks great too.

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Zuni Thunderbird seems to have had a lot of buds. Yes, Frances Assissi is a very attractive bloom with a plant flaw. Your Party Pinafores both look good. I have considered this one, but have seen it when it didn't open well at all. How is it for you?

• jkayd_il5
    9 years ago

When I first got into daylilies Francis of Assisi was one I looked at to buy. Never did but I still like it. You said it likes to bloom in the foliage and I wouldn't like that but it is still a pretty one. Love Party Pinafore, mine is in a shady place so must try to move it next spring.

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

My Carnival in Brazil bloomed down in the foliage this year and I don't think I took any photos of it either.Dont like blooms down in the foliage, but, don't like them way too tall either.Your man of sorrows is very pretty.Wren's Song is a very pretty one, too. my favorite in these isFrancis of Assisi . That is one beautiful bloom.also like Party .Pinafore , too.oh, almost forgot how pretty Zuni Thunderbird is. Cant leave that one out.

jean

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

Beautiful! I especially love both Francis of Assisi and Set Free,
    kay

• nat4b
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you everybody!

Mantis, Party Pinafore was opening well this season. I think I remember it had some trouble opening last year (cool nights).

Jean hope your Carnival improves next year, it's a nice one.

• User
    9 years ago

Such a pretty group of daylilies. I love the Fransis of Assis and Carnival of Brazil - the flowers look perfect. Is there a common theme or story behind the "carnival" daylilies?

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

What a good shot of Zuni Thunderbird. Makes it look like velvet......I like Wren's Song alot and Party Pinafore always looks nice.............Maryl

Sponsored
Fresh Pointe Studio
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars4 Reviews
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators | Delaware County, OH