Return to the Daylily Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Weird Colors

Posted by dementieva Zone 9 - Houston (My Page) on
Wed, Aug 1, 12 at 22:27

In the last couple days, I've had two blooms that are missing a lot of their red pigment. I haven't put chemicals or given these any special treatment, so I don't know what is going on. Other blooms on the same plants are normal. Has anyone seen anything like this before?

Nate

FIRE AGATE - Normal

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Weird Colors

FIRE AGATE - Pale

o

BOLD MOVE - Normal

o

BOLD MOVE - Pale

o

Some of my daylilies have looked paler this year than normal, but wow, not that much. They look like completely different daylilies. I have been blaming it on the odd weather & extra hot here this year. You haven't accidentally hit them with some chemicals, have you?

o

No chemicals since May. It seems to be just a freak aberration.

Nate

o

Nate, I've had a couple that were pretty far off. I end to blame garden gnomes. Why not, I have no other explanTION.
kay

o

I think its the weather, some of mine faded to white, no color at all. Some dahlias doing the same thing.

o

That is exactly what mine are doing!

o

Must be the climate! A few of mine are terribly faded: Bridey Greeson and Lavender Shimmer - they aren't even recognizable. Invitation to Immortality puts out one beautiful bloom and one pathetic one right next to it. And I have an Extra Early blooming for the first time this year!

Nancy

o

Yeah, I'm thinking the weather. More reds are blooming pale, although not quite as pale as the two I posted. SERGEANT MAJOR was somewhat pale today, in addition to more FIRE AGATE blooms.

Nate

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Daylily Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here