Iowa Summer Evening

Last tall Noid

Second and last :D on Gilded by Grace

Old Sol - actually looking its best at 6pm

Thanks for looking!

Comments (11)

• TNY78
    10 years ago

Love your tall NOID!!!! Also like Elegant Candy...I've looked at that one in catalogs so many times and never gave it much notice...but your picture kind of makes me think I want it!!!

Tammy

• nat4b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks Tammy! It is a before sun picture, in the sun Elegant Candy looks lighter, I love the morning colorings. But... it's my favorite of the older "candies" - tall, lots of blooms - this is flower #211 (yes, I count :)), and it opens well.

• polymerous
    10 years ago

That NOID is beautiful. That, 'Carnival in Brazil', and 'Elegant Candy' are the prettiest ones, imho.

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

wow, you have some Beauties blooming, too, love
    Elegant Candy NS Cat Dancer is a beauty, too, love that one.also Wren's Song is a really pretty one, too. and I love that NOID, such a pretty red.. good to see some blooms, I only have 3 blooming.

jean

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    10 years ago

Those are some really nice ones. Being a fan of yellow I of course like the warm hue of Old Sol. See a few teeth on it too. Cat Dancer is a good one too, even if it's not my usual round ruffly style. I may have to check into that one......Maryl

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

You still have some really pretty ones, nat4b. And, there is a nice variety. I am not usually a yellow fan, but Old Sol is quite pretty, as well a Wren song, Cat Dancer and your NOID.
    kay

• maximus7116
    10 years ago

Nice blooming lates, especially Wren's Song. The foliage looks pretty darn good for August, too!

• houstmag
    10 years ago

What a nice group of pretties you have. I love Cat Dancer, how I wish it was at least a semi-evergreen so I could add it to the collection.
    Linda

• mantis__oh
    10 years ago

Zena is the one that actually caught my eye. I actually like the white midribs that hybridizers sought to eliminate. Gilded by Grace has done well here too.

• shive
    10 years ago

Wren's Song is a truly beautiful pink! Old Sol is really captivating. I have an admiration for daylilies that look their best in the evening, especially now that I'm at work from 7 to 7.

Debra

This post was edited by shive on Sun, Aug 18, 13 at 12:47

• nat4b
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks everybody!
    Wren's Song I think is registered as an EE, I am not sure. I think it's an EM or M here, but these are rebloom scapes.
    Old Sol is reblooming too, and it's ML. It does look good in the evening but it only opens by 10-11am.

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting