Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
waitforspring2

More from yesterday and today

Waitforspring
10 years ago

Still a few blooms left, but I'm spending far more time cutting back scapes now than deadheading.
Val

{{gwi:951130}}

Still lotd of rebloom scapes on this one.

Almost done, but there were lots of blooms on this one.

Another long bloomer.

{{gwi:951134}}

{{gwi:951136}}

{{gwi:951137}}

{{gwi:951138}}

FFO

Comments (9)

• jean_ar
    10 years ago

wow. you have a lot blooming,and they are all gorgeous blooms, too.Love that oneLOVE ON A WIRE. but, so many beauties.LAURA HARWOOD is a beauty. love that one, too.CHAMCE ENCOUNTER is so pretty with that green throat.Mine are about done for, I still have a rebloom scape on wonder o fit all to bloom yet,and a couple others are blooming a bloom here and there. so sad to see them finished for the year.

jean

• deangreen
    10 years ago

the last two photos are my favorite. like the colors on both. :)

• nat4b
    10 years ago

All lovely blooms! Stellas Ruffled Fingers sounds like a bloom machine everywhere. Chance Encounter is such a pretty color. Mine has about 2 buds left. And my favorites today are Love On a Wire and Ornate Ruffles.

Oh, I was glad you posted Marchioness, never heard of it, but as soon as I saw a pic I thought about my one noid that I bought as Saint Fiacre. AHS pic of Marchioness looks very close to what I have. I don't take many pics of my pseudo St.Fiacre because it's quite a bad opener. But it is late, and bloom size and description seem to match.

• shive
    10 years ago

Laura Harwood always stands out to me. I like Marchioness too!

• organic_kitten
    10 years ago

Long Live Love, Chance Encounter, and Laura Harwood are my favorites here. Stil lots of pretty ones.
    kay

• Waitforspring
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nat-- my Chance Encounter is down to one more bud, but it's been blooming for 6 weeks.
    Love on a Wire is one of my favorites. It's an excellent plant that always opens well and has a high budcount.
    I'd always admired Laura Harwood in pictures and its new here this year. So far I really like it.
    Val

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Val, can you please look at my Not St.Fiacre and maybe confirm that it is Marchioness?
    As I said, it doesn't open well, sometimes in the afternoon it would open more.
    Here's a morning picture

And few more

Thanks!

• Waitforspring
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nat I don't think I can confirm that it's Marchioness, but it certainly looks like it could be. Here are a couple more pictures from my yard. Mine has finished blooming for this year.
    Val
    {{gwi:666474}}

• nat4b
    10 years ago

Thanks, Val. I know you can't confirm 100% :) That's why I wrote maybe. But they look very very similar in the pictures. I think they just mixed up two Moldovan cultivars, that place I got mine from. I will call it "Marchioness maybe" :)

Sponsored
Peabody Landscape Group
Average rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars8 Reviews
Franklin County's Reliable Landscape Design & Contracting