Houzz Logo Print
mizellie_gw

U's , V's and a few W's.

mizellie
11 years ago

Comments (12)

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Great show Ellie. I like the combination of flower forms from round, ruffled, eyed,doubles, spider, UF, etc. Great variety you've posted on your threads.

VICTORIAN LACE is getting moved here and if it doesn't improve next year, out it goes. I'd rather use the space for something that will bloom and increase.

Julia

• houstmag
    11 years ago

Ultraviolet Mood and Watermelon Taffy are my favorites of a gorgeous group.
    Linda

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Really like the clump shot of Uninhibited!

• organic_kitten
    11 years ago

I'm very partial to Victorian Lace, so that's my choice, Ellie, but you ave a lot of pretty ones.
    kay

• Waitforspring
    11 years ago

VICTORIAN LACE is my favorite, but I'm also drawn to WAITING IN THE WINGS. It looks like a great bloomer. Is it?
    Val

• newyorkrita
    11 years ago

Lovely, Ellie. Especially the first one!

• mizellie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Julia, I am surprised VL isn't doing well for you. I really like mine..

Linda, WT is a favorite with me. I love the soft colors..

Mantis, Uninhibited always does well here. It's one of my doubles I am going to keep..

Kay, I am partial to VL too. I love the soft cream..

Val, WITW bloomed so well for me this year. I know you saw all the bud and everytime I thought it was done, it started again.

Rita, that photowas made in the rain, way back when.. We got a little today and I was so happy to see and feel it..

Thank you all and I apologize for the delay in answering. I have been a bit busy and I don't feel to well either..
    Ellie

• jean_ar
    11 years ago

wow, I Like VICTORIAN LACE and also WATERMELLON TAFFY gorgeous blooms but, they are all gorgeous, well, I dont care much for the spider kind, I like the rounded ones, but you sure have some beauties.

jean

• shive
    11 years ago

Victorian Lace and Uninhibited are two that do very well for me. Of the ones I don't have, Ultraviolet Mood and Watermelon Taffy are my favorites.

Debra

• mantis__oh
    11 years ago

Victorian Lace does well here (as you could tell from my posts), but further north there are reports of more problems. I notice that this year Edward complained of its performance also.

• Julia WV (6b)
    11 years ago

Well VL is getting moved this coming week. I keep thinking I should have purchased it from someone else and perhaps I wouldn't be having the issues I am with it. I only got a single fan 2010 and it didn't show up in 2011 and I thought it died but it came up late in the season but with 1 scape and 2 blooms which were dogs. This year I have 3 very small fans and no scapes. I wonder sometimes if I even have the right plant. I no longer buy single fans.

Julia

• mizellie
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Jean, we all can't like the same things. We need variety to peek interest. My problem is that I like all forms with doubles being my least favorite..

Debra, I'll have to check but I think Ultraviolet Mood is one that went bye bye but I kept Watermelon Taffy..

Mantis, that's to bad since VL does so wel here! I remeber when Edward got his VL..He was excited about it..

Julia, I have the same problem with single fans. I had a loss this year of anew one that had 5 fans. Half died ( crown rot) on receipt so I thought to save the others but they seem to have bit the dust too. They cost me a buck too.. It was April Smith .. A beautiful pink..

Thank you all.... Ellie

Sponsored
Ed Ball Landscape Architecture
Average rating: 4.8 out of 5 stars30 Reviews
Exquisite Landscape Architecture & Design - “Best of Houzz" Winner