Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ngraham_gw

some of my favorites

Nancy
9 years ago

Too chilly outside this morning to go outside, & I'm feelin' too lazy to clean house (which I really should be doing) but thought I would post some photos of my favorites this year.
Arnold's Daughter had really nice color this year
{{gwi:669930}}

Beyond Riches

Clown Parade, love this plant
{{gwi:662497}}

Delia O'bryan Brown-I never see photos of this one on this forum, but it does really bloom well I think. I've always gotten rebloom til this year.
{{gwi:664396}}

El Desperado, usually does better than it did this year. It bloomed heavily, but seemed like the blooms all opened at once & it was over.
{{gwi:659800}}

Love Fancy Face & it bloomed especially nicely this year

Hello Heartstrings is a great daylily

Comments (14)

• Brad KY 6b
    9 years ago

Nice! I think I like Delia O'Brian Brown the best.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Brad

• jkayd_il5
    9 years ago

All are so pretty. I like Clown Parade and Fancy Face the best I think.

• organic_kitten
    9 years ago

They are all very pretty. I always love Clown Parade, Fancy Face is great, like the color combo, not common, and your Delia O'Bryan Brown is really pretty.
    kay

• celeste/NH
    9 years ago

So glad you posted these Nancy! Of course I love Arnold's Daughter and Hello Heartstrings but I also like your others. I've always wanted Clown Parade but it's always so expensive so it's still on my wish list. Your Fancy Face and Delia O'Brien Brown look terrific and I'm kicking myself for not getting them. I didn't realize they were so pretty....lol. El Desperado is a reliable performer here. BTW, the daylilies and iris are settling in well. The first frost is expected Friday so my season is ending. It is always a sad time in the garden. With all I had on my plate this summer it went by too fast.

Celeste

• Nancy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

I appreciate the comments! I was trying to show some of my favorites & going down the alphabet, you see how far I got. Really hard too, because every one is my favorite for some reason or another :) I'll try to finish up the alphabet later.
    Thanks Celeste. Fancy Face & Clown Parade are great daylilies, they multiply nicely & always look good. I really like that unusual color on Fancy Face. I think I got Delia from a northern trade, they were getting rid of it because the blooms didn't open well, but it has always opened well here. One of those that always looks good, hard to imagine it not doing well everywhere.

• Julia WV (6b)
    9 years ago

I have 3 of the ones you posted, FANCY FACE, EL DESPERADO and CLOWN PARADE. FF was less than stellar this year but the blooms were always so colorful. CLOWN PARADE (thanks to Kay) never skipped a beat here. Not a big increaser here but all the blooms were perfect. I do notice that ED does tend to push all the blooms at once but it also had a hard time this year here with opening correctly.

For some reason the pic of HELLO HEARTSTRINGS is not loading for me.

Julia

• Nancy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Julia, I don't know why HH isn't loading for you, let me try a different pic

• Laura twixanddud - SE MI - 5b
    9 years ago

Very pretty! Arnold's Daughter is beautiful, as is Fancy Face. I had FF for a few years, but it never bloomed for me, so I gave it away.

• sherrygirl zone5 N il
    9 years ago

All ate great. I'm a Fancy Face fan too, color combo is coooool! Glad you posted pictures because things have quieted down too much here!

Sherry

• jean_ar
    9 years ago

Nancy,I just love your pretty blooms, all of them,and especially love Delia O'bryan Brown.I had never seen that one before or even heard of it,and its a beauty. El DESperado s a habit of putting out most of its blooms al at once here, too,and I hate that,I would rather have just a few each day,and have it bloom longer.,and I have Clown Parade, too and dearly love it.Thank you for posting these beauties,as I sue do injoy them,since I don't have any now to look at.

jean

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Hope you continue down the alphabet. I've seen some pics in which Delia Brown appears to be blooming in the foliage. What is your experience?

• Maryl (Okla. Zone 7a)
    9 years ago

They are all very nice (El Desparado always gets my attention) but then there was the last picture of Hello Heartstrings. What a color! .......Maryl

• Nancy
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Laura, I'm surprised Fancy Face didn't bloom for you, it has always bloomed heavily here. Supposed to be a rebloomer though, & I don't think it has ever rebloomed here.
    Jean, I love El Desperado & how full of flowers it is, but hate that they are gone so quickly. I guess one can't have it both ways.
    Mantis, I've never had Delia bloom in the foliage. If I have a complaint, it might be that the blooms are very substantial & the scapes drop a bit from the weight of the blooms. They don't drop to the ground or anything, but they aren't completely erect. I suspect it needs to be moved. A shrub has encroached on it over the last few years, Delia is in a bit more shade than she once was.
    Thanks Maryl, HH is REALLY one of my favorites, it always reblooms, & was one of my few that rebloomed this year. I don't keep track, but it was in bloom most of the season for me.

• mantis__oh
    9 years ago

Arnold's Daughter looks very clear, perhaps like Grace Like Rain. Bud count on the latter is not great, but it blooms over a long time.

Sponsored
Elegant Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
VA & DC's Finest General Contractor